Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skinny General Tso’s Chicken? Yes Indeedy.

It's only Tuesday?! I feel like it should at least be Thursday! NO kidding. All complaints aside, it's been a pretty good week so far! Monday was a great a.m. workout (3-mile run, 1-mile walk, abs, shoulders, biceps), work, more work, and home to the family! Today I was in training downtown for my leadership program - good stuff - they combined our training program with two others so I got to meet some nice peeps! Not much of an update, I know, but I DO have a fab recipe to share - yay!
Skinny General Tso’s Chicken
Adapted from Coup De Pouce Magazine (as seen on Tracey’s Culinary Adventures, who saw it on La Table de Nana)
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 441 calories, 65 carbs, 6 fat grams and 30 protein grams.

Yes, it's a bit high carb, but it made that thick, textured sauce you find in those little white square to-go boxes. Awesome. Plenty of sauce that went a long way - you could easily add your favorite Asain veggies - enough sauce to go around. A new household favorite for sure! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

K - i'm out - gotta get ready for three more days of training this week which means working at night to keep up - oy. Trying to work OUT in the a.m., train all day, then work at night... we'll see if I can keep this up - eek!

Q: How's your week going? What day do you feel it should be? I'm serious. Tomorrow should be Friday!


Q: Ever had General Tso's Chicken? I have. Used to eat it like it was going out of style in HS when I could look at a treadmill and stay under 100 pounds. Oh the days of an insane metabolism fueled by casseroles, pizzas, and dancing. Sigh. Haven't touched the stuff in YEARS though (heavy sauce? breaded chicken? My thighs were like nooooooo!) - great to have it again and know that i'm not WAY over the calorie limit

No comments: