Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 324: Strength Training + 5 miles + How We Roll (in photogs)

Friday I had a great day!! Super productive at work and I got a lot done personally (picked up a prescription, got stamps, got the invitations I ordered for a friend’s shower, mailed some bills, etc.). Yay!! During lunch we walked 3.5 miles, and after work we walked another 1.5 miles – and started strength training!!! WOO!! I developed a weekly plan to try to get my butt in GEAR!! I was crazy sore (legs are OMG sore), so we did back/biceps just to get it started. Here was our workout!

Dumbbell rows (back): 10-pound dumbbell; 15 reps/3 sets

Standing dumbbell curls – arms out (biceps): 8-pound dumbbells; 15 reps/3 sets

Cable curls (biceps): 15-pound setting; 10 reps/3 sets

Lat pull down machine (back): 45-pound setting; 15 reps/3 sets

Roman Chair (back): no weight; 15 reps/3 sets

Close grip EZ bar curls (biceps): 20-pound bar; 10 reps/3 sets

Yay – I’m so excited to have a strength training buddy! After our workout I headed to REI to pick up my HRM – WOO!! It’s SO CUTE! Couldn’t wait to play with it! but I had to – time to get home, get Reuben ready and get over to Shana/Lincoln’s! With Austin in Nashville it was awesome to have a cozy place and fun peeps to chill with !! Me and Shana worked on her book club blog then it was time to drink/chill! I had so much fun! It’s like I see Lincoln a lot, but I don’t talk to him much because him and Austin are always talking! So it was fun to hang out with them as a couple – good times! I even got to see some of Shana’s yearbooks (yeah – we go there!) – she looked exactly the same! Oh my – awesome! While we didn’t take pictures last night, I thought I’d share pics from last week at their place… a glimpse at how we roll if you will....don’t judge. :)

Yes, a bad ass shot glass. It says so.


No idea what i'm doing...

Austin gets a little competitive - even in drinking games!

He is Gwen Stefani but didn't know it - love it.

I believe I was Corey Haim. I failed at determining my identity.

Who doesn't cut aluminum with knives whilst under the influence?

The baby puppers partaked in the fun (Shana's Shalie is a shih tzu - say that three times fast; my Reuben is a shih poo)

Shana's a pro

I'm not... but I love a challenge

My face: oh shit, we're really doing this? Don't you love Lincoln's brilliant idea of aprons to keep clean? I heart.

Drinkin' with Lincoln. Always a blasty those crazy Marr's!

Yeah… that’s how we roll. So we had our last drink and were like let’s go to bed! And it was 4:45 a.m. DANG – when did that happen? Time flies by right? So I ended up at 2,362 calories, 208 carbs, 67 fat grams and 118 protein grams. Here’s what I ate. Yup… the alcohol definitely got me! And I really didn’t need to eat the same heavy meal for dinner that I had for lunch – it was just already ready (Austin forgot to take it with him). So with food alone was at 1,830, and then fat was over too – eek! Oh well!

Today I’m just straight chillin’. Me and Reuben slept in until 11, then I had a yogurt and we headed home. Now I’m in bed watching Gilmore Girls, about to start getting ready for my hair appointment!! (thank GAWD – my hair grows way too fast – SO annoying). Hope you all have happy Saturdays! I’ve got blog reading on my list for today – woo!

12 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Looks like fun!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Big Pissy said...

I was wondering about the aprons. Glad you explained that! LOL

btw.....LOVE the Marrs. They're both so, so sweet and genuine. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, looks like fun. When I was a kid, I saw a movie where they shotgunned a beer and a friend and I had the brilliant idea of shotgunning a grape soda. Talk about sugar rush!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those good ol days :) Enjoy them!

Glad you got a workout buddy!

My bike is a Huffy Tempas, it's used but hey, it has 2 wheels and goes when I pedal :)

april said...

Haha seems like you had a great time!

I like how you linked what you ate to that chart! It was pretty cool! and thanks for posting your workout- it sounded great!

Oh by the way I didn't understand your question about the magnesium.. I'm not too up to date with abbreviations! haha

Mica said...

Sounds like a fun night! And I'm glad that your HRM finally showed up!

Kelly Olexa said...

Enjoy yo straight chillin girl.
heheheh
;-)

Sarah W. said...

looks like you had a ton of fun!!! awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your facial expressions are adorable...I have seen quite a few intoxicated boys errr men try to cut aluminum with knives lol

Angel said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! :] Sometimes you just need one of those days. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

fittingbackin said...

Andrea: definitely good times!! :)

Big Pissy: haha You got it! We're nothing if not clean! hehe They ARE!

Inmytummy: LOL that sounds dangerous! haha

redhead75: :) definitely! Me too! I love having someone there to help keep me honest. Exactly - awesome!

April: We did! Def - I try to post it every day - chart through Spark People. Oh good! I'm glad you think so - your workouts are always great! Uh-oh - can't figure it out - what was my abreev??!!

Mica: I did! Oh me too - i'm loving playing with it!

Kelly: Thanks! I did :)

Sarah W: Thanks so much!!

Wholebodylove: Thanks. hehe er men... right! Awesome!

Angel: Thank you!! I agree - I def try to have them more often than not!

fittingbackin said...

Andrea: definitely good times!! :)

Big Pissy: haha You got it! We're nothing if not clean! hehe They ARE!

Inmytummy: LOL that sounds dangerous! haha

redhead75: :) definitely! Me too! I love having someone there to help keep me honest. Exactly - awesome!

April: We did! Def - I try to post it every day - chart through Spark People. Oh good! I'm glad you think so - your workouts are always great! Uh-oh - can't figure it out - what was my abreev??!!

Mica: I did! Oh me too - i'm loving playing with it!

Kelly: Thanks! I did :)

Sarah W: Thanks so much!!

Wholebodylove: Thanks. hehe er men... right! Awesome!

Angel: Thank you!! I agree - I def try to have them more often than not!