Thursday, January 1, 2009

Workouts

In addition to my cardio (walking and running), I love creating my own strength training routines! Basically, I(try to!) do strength training like this:

Monday: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Tuesday: abs
Wednesday: Back/Biceps
Thursday: abs
Friday: Legs

Does this always work out? Nope! But it's my goal. In doing strength training workouts I try to:
  • Work on doing 3 exercises for each upper body area (3 sets of each).
  • Work on doing 5-6 exercises for lower body (2-3 sets of each).
  • Work on doing 5-6 exercises for abs (2-3 sets of each).
OR lately i've been more into circuits - doing an 'upper body circuit' of ALL 5 upper body areas (2 exercises per area/2 sets each/2 times per week).

To create the workouts, I try to:

  • Find workouts all over - your blogs, magazines, websites, etc.
  • Make sure to ALTERNATE. Instead of doing biceps and resting in between, I do back during rests so i'm always moving. It keeps my heart rate up and I get done faster! Bonus!
  • Drop alternating workouts in word document tebles/templates I created.
  • Snag it - to create a jpg (for blogging) and PRINT, take to gym and do it!

K- here are the workouts I've posted so far! As I do more/make more, i'll make sure to post them here for quick reference! Click on image to make it larger/print-friendly!

Upper Body

Back and Biceps Workouts

Back/Biceps Workout #1


Back/Biceps Workout #2


Back/Biceps Workout #3


Back/Biceps Workout #4


Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workouts

Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workout #1


Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workout #2



Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workout #3


Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workout #4


Chest/Triceps/Shoulders Workout #5

ALL Upper Body Circuit

Chest/Triceps/Shoulders/Back/Biceps Upper Body Circuit #1


Lower Body

Leg Workouts

Leg Workout #1


Leg Workout #2


Leg Workout #3


Leg Workout #4


Leg Workout #5


Leg Workout #6

Leg Workout #7

Ab Workouts

Ab Workout #1


Ab Workout #2


Ab Workout #3


Ab Workout #4

** I know most of you know this but I feel I should reiterate: I am NOT a personal trainer, doctor, etc. I don't have a degree in Exercise Science or anything. I just made these based on what I've learned over the years from magazines, past trainers, your blogs, etc.!

2 comments:

Sweet As Boys said...

You are awesome! Thank you for sharing all your fun workouts. It's nice to see how others mix up their routines.

Lola said...

You are awesome! Thank you for sharing all your fun workouts. It's nice to see how others mix up their routines.