Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Stats, New Soup Recipe, Wedding Video, 2012 Review

Hey girls! I'm home today AKA doing nothing and slept in until 10 a.m. Nice! Thank you all for watching my Christmas video! (and some the wedding video from Saturday - I got it posted, too!). I think i'm really going to love the new toy - woo! K - i'm going to back up a bit with stats fist since I sucked at getting the stats into Spark People on time!

Stats

Friday: 2,016 calories, 181 cabs, 46 fat grams and 106 protein grams. Great meals, but too much candy at work and to many drinks after work! Here’s what I ate.

Saturday: 2,453 calories, 197 carbs, 77 fat grams and 107 protein grams. This one involved a lot of guess work since it was wedding food… but oh well. And then it was a lot of drinking. Eek! Here’s what I ate. I’ll say this is + or – 200 calories. It’s so hard to know when you don’t prepare it yourself!

Sunday: 1,483 calories, 165 carbs, 60 fat grams and 79 protein grams. Here's what I ate. This one was a little low, probably because I had SO many calories on Saturday! Good meals but too much candy again.

New Recipe

Oh – on Sunday I made a new recipe! This one is adapted from For the Love of Cooking’s Spaghetti with Meat Sauce – but we call it Sausage and Pasta Soup. Here’s the recipe for FOUR servings. Note: with it being 4 servings it makes it very soupy like – we like that and add noodles (baby wheels!) and eat it with a spoon.

Sorry this pic is taken with my iPhone – my camera was charging!

1 tsp olive oil
3 links of chicken Italian sausage, diced
1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp of dried basil
1 tsp of fennel seeds
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes and juices
1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 tsp splenda
3-4 fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions
Reduced Fat Parmesan cheese
8 oz. pasta (we used wheels!)

Add olive oil to slowcooker over high heat. Add sausage, onion, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Add garlic, and stir for 60 seconds. Add basil, fennel, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix to combine well then add the sugar, tomato sauce and whole tomatoes and their juice; crush tomatoes with your hands. Cover sauce and cook on high for 3 hours. When you’re ready to eat, prepare the spaghetti per instructions. Taste meat sauce and re-season if needed. Add the fresh basil and parsley, stir and serve over your favorite pasta. Nutrtional Information: 380 calories, 63 carbs, 7 fat grams and 20 protein grams.

So yes, a little high on the carbs but so filling! You could easily take the pasta down to 1 oz. per serving (instead of 2) and just add more sausage! (maybe one more link!)

Video from Wedding

I made a few tweaks to this video and now it's ready to go! I hope this one works for you guys. :) And I know some of you already saw this one!! :)

Second video with Harinezumi: Wedding in Alabama from Kelly Shaw on Vimeo.

Yesterday: Basically I just did the usual: worked, walked 4 miles, worked, walked 1.75 miles/ran .5 miles. Headed home and went to see 2012. Meh. I was kinda underwhelmed. I LOVE John and Amanda and no one really bugged me (except maybe the stepdad) but it was just like DUDE, how many times can you escape this thing? I mean really?! I did love some scenes though and am glad I saw it, I just don't know if I would watch it again. And if I did, I would need to be doing something else as it required very little attention if you know what I mean! After the movie I pretty much crashed OUT! I ended up at 1,784 calories, 228 carbs, 51 fat grams and 102 protein grams. Here's what I ate. Too many snacks. I credit that to being exhausted! I just didn't get enough sleep this weekend combined with TOM - eek!

Today I plan to work out, clean up a bit, hit the grocery store, cook a bit and wrap some gifts. Good times!

Have you seen 2012?

How about Avatar? I've been hearing it's a must see!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute video!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Awesome videos!!!

Enjoy your day! :)

homecookedem said...

Haha, love the baby wheels in your pasta soup! ;) Looks great!! Enjoy your time off!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out the video when I get home from work. Have a nice day off!

fittingbackin said...

Anne Marie: THanks!!

Andrea: Thanks so much - I hope you have a great one too!

Homecookedem: they made me smile -I'm loving barilla's new baby pasta! You too - I hope you have great holidays!

Inmytummy: Thanks! You too - hope your vacay kicks in soon!

Kimmi said...

I loved Avatar, see it in 3D if you can, I dont know if the experience would be the same without it.

I love your new toy... pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

i could see the video today!! loved it so cute!! :) i think i might have a new item for my wish list haha :-)

Anonymous said...

Your videos are FANTASTIC! I want to go back in time and have you film my weddings. ;)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I love that video! And that pasta soup looks absolutely delicious!

Hope you are having a great holiday season!

Big Pissy said...

I like "2012" pure escapism! :)

"Avatar" looks good too! :)

Mica said...

I love the "baby" wheels in your pasta. (I think small pasta is better than long strands, maybe because I'm weird.)

My mom said "2012" was terrible. I've heard several positive reviews of "Avatar" and one emphatic "Do not go see it."

Unknown said...

I have those wheels in your soup...my kids love them!! Nice recipe!

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) said...

I love that wagon wheel pasta- so cute!