Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow Pics, C25K, New Baby, Book Club Sleepover, and 2 Movie Reviews

Happy Monday! Or MLK/vacation day – woo! I’m at home today chilling. I also just realized that, while it’s far from snowing today, I never posted our “snow pics” – here are a few!










I realize its not much snow at all for a lot of you guys! But we enjoyed having it and of course now it's like 60 degrees. Grrrr. Anywho, so Friday wrapped up with a nice night in with Austin and Reuben! I ended up at 1,798 calories, 192 carbs, 61 fat grams and 106 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.

Saturday I woke up and had a slow morning! Me and Austin watched a really good movie with Bruce Willis called Surrogates. Ever heard of it? It was SO good! It’s basically about a future where the majority of humans “plug in” and live out their lives through surrogates or robots – they choose how they look and so everyone looks eerily similar. Anywho, it’s about the implications of this type of living, and about a battle between pro- and anti-surrogacy. Very good! After the movie I headed to the gym for 5.75 miles (including Week 1 Workout #5 of C25K), burning 330 calories in 1 hour and 21 minutes. Then I raced home, showered and me and Austin headed over to Lawrenceville – his cousin Katie had her baby. A little boy named Louden! So we went to visit them, then headed home and grabbed Reuben, then were off to Lincoln and Shana’s. I dropped Austin off for poker night with the guys, and picked Shana up for a bookclub/sleepover with the girls! We discussed the Lovely Bones which, unfortunately, I had not read. I just ran out of time – eek! I’ll wait and do my review but will say that the girls all seemed a little blah about it… We had a great night eating taco soup, talking foreva, having lots of drinkies and buffalo chicken dip at 4 a.m. Oh no! haha I’m so glad I got to visit with Shana, Dev, Stacy, and Mon, and that Crystal was able to join the club for the first time – SO fun! Unfortunately we didn’t take pictures – losers! I ended up at 2,383 calories, 216 carbs, 57 fat grams and 104 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.

Sunday I woke up with only 3 hours of sleep. W. T. F. I hate when you’re having so much fun but then the next day is SHOT! I dropped Shana off, picked Austin up, had a breakfast sandwich and went down for a nap… I woke up at 4 p.m., showered and had Taco Soup. Then I watched crap TV with the family! Then… as if I didn’t have enough calories yesterday, we ordered a pizza. I will say we ordered it “Brooklyn” style so super thin crust (each piece 254 calories). However, I had 3. hehe We also tried to watch a movie – The Wackness. It wasn’t for us, too bad too because I love that girl from Juno (Juno’s friend!). Then I watched Desperate Housewives (much better!) and Brothers & Sisters (meh). I ended up at 1,658 calories, 184 carbs, 61 fat grams and 92 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.

Today we woke up at 8 a.m. – Lowes was here to check on our icemaker/water dispenser (they stopped working randomly last week for a day so they were checking the water). Then I made another one of those amazing grilled cheeses I’ve been obsessed with! Then we watched that cute movie I Love You, Man. I LOVE Paul Rudd. I thought was a really cute movie, glad we saw it! Definitely a good one to just have on in the background - so cute. Now I’m trying to decide what exercise I want to do today! And we’re going to try to do some stuff around the house – we’ll see!

Are you off work today? What’s on your agenda for the day?

14 comments:

Meals by Misty said...

Your house looks so pretty with the snow! Reuben in his coat put a huge smile on my face :) I'm off today too. Can't seem to get my lazy butt motivated! Enjoy your day off!

Anonymous said...

Your house is pretty!

I have to work today. Blah.

Kacy said...

Wow your house is gorgeous!! And your puppy is adorable.

homecookedem said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend!! Adorable itty bitty baby!! :)

I'm off today too, YAY! Enjoy your day off!! :)

april said...

there is just too much cuteness going on in this post.. I can't handle it! LOL

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Reuben is sooooo cute & stylish! Just like his mommy! :)

And what a cute baby! Newborn babies are so precious (and always make me a bit sad since I won't have anymore...).

We are all off today and don't have much planned. The toddler wants to play in the puddles outside with his new rain boots & rain coat, but it's raining so hard right now that I'm too chicken to go out... We'll definitely make it to the gym this afternoon though! :)

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

I'm off work today and totally savoring every minute of it!

Love those snow pics of Reuban; he's so cute!!

Sara said...

Little Reuben looks adorable! Is it bad that I'd take him over a new baby any day? Boston just got hit with a beautiful storm (oxymoron) this morning, I would take your snow over mine any day!

Shelli said...

I'm not off work! :( I love your snow pics of Reuben! How far away from Lawrenceville are you? We have family there! Enjoy your day off!!! Looks like you had a great weekend!

Big Pissy said...

Reuben looks absolutely adorable in those pictures. I miss him! Bring him to me! hahaha!!!!

I watched "I love you man" over at Shana's. I thought it was really cute too. :)

Pretty much every Monday is a holiday for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed yours. :)

Meredith said...

Your house is beautiful and I love snow pictures!

dehumidifier said...

I had to work today, bah. Even if we had the day off I would have had to work, as January is always crazy busy. Anyways, just piping in to say what a cool name "Louden" is.

Monica said...

Aw Reuby's pictures are so cute! You did a great job getting pictures of him!

Meredith said...

Your house is beautiful and I love snow pictures!