Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Photos, Lazy Wednesday, Busy Thursday

The option of working from home was definitely a divided house! Some liked the idea, some were totally against it, and some were like me - okay part-time but not full-time. It's definitely an interesting concept and yes, Therese - we worry Reuben is getting spoiled with Austin being here so much!! I hope your pup is okay when he starts the new in-an-office job!

So I think i've told you before about my bro-in-law Zach, the photographer, and how obsessed I am with his work! He did my engagement and wedding pictures, and so many of my friends, co-workers, etc. have hired him too, which makes it very cool and extra special for me! In the month of May alone, my friend Monica hired him to do her first-year anniversary pics, Stacy had him do her engagement pics, and Mary had him take her baby Emma's baptism and first-year pics. I thought i'd share a few because i'm SO happy with how they turned out, and of course, am glad my friends are thrilled with them, too!

Stace & Shane's engagement pics

He got so many great moments - this is 1 of 100! :)


Mon, Andy and Puppy Reina - don't know how him and my sis got Reina to pose/smile like that!
I mean really -be cuter!
Baby Emma at her party
At her baptism
Am pretty in love with this shot! Can't believe he got it because he really wasn't allowed to get very close in the church - perfect timing though!
Sigh. I like nothing better than looking at wonderful pictures of my peeps! Check out Zach's site or blog if you'd like to see more - I'm mucho impressed with his pics (clearly i'm bias, but regardless I think he's super talented!!).

Back to regular programming, Wednesday was a busy one! I worked, ran errands during my lunch break, worked more/late, then ran home, did a bunch around the house and before I knew it it was 9 o'clock - no gym for me! I decided to make it a break day and me and Austin catched up over a few drinkies. Great, impromptu evening! Good to get a pulse on how his new job is going - even though he was only 3 days in! I ended up at 2,015 calories, 184 carbs, 49 fat grams and 109 protein grams. Here's what I ate and drank.

Today has been super busy - lots of work, errands during lunch again, lots more work, laundry, decorating and cooking - who knew i'd turn out to be so domestic? Now I'm about to get ready to go have a drink with Chris and Katie - we haven't seen them in forever! (forever = 3 weeks) I'll post my stats tomorrow! I'll also post:
  • A book review of Fluke's The Fudge Cupcake Mystery (finished Saturday in NY)
  • A book review of Roberts' Naked in Death (finished yesterday in the car)
  • A pic of the new Breakfast Bake - I think the cord is at work so i'll check tomorrow!
  • A new recipe i'm cooking tonight - Green Chicken Chile Casserole
Do you have a favorite photographer? I do! (thank you, captain obvious)

Do you ever have professional photos taken of you, your family/friends/pets/etc.? We plan to have photos taken at our new house soon with Reuben. I also still want to do a trash the dress session - why not?!

22 comments:

homecookedem said...

Love all of the photographs!! He is very talented, that's for sure!! :)

Love that you're going to trash the dress, that's awesome!! ;) I just did the opposite and had mine preserved for an insane (in my opinion) amount of money. I don't know why, maybe hopes of one day a future daughter will want to wear it?? I'm so sentimental, it's pretty cheesy. ;)

Anonymous said...

hi kel - i too love the idea of trash the dress...but i'm a dork and still slip mine on from time to time...i'm afraid i'd be sad i trashed it. speaking of dresses - can you even FIT into your wedding dress, skinny girl!? you've lost so much weight since then!

Anonymous said...

Love those pics, especially the one of the baby looking right at the camera! So adorable!!

Lee@In My Tummy said...

Great pics!

I totally want to do the trash the dress thing.

lauradishes said...

I want to need a photographer (Does that even make sense?) asap so that I can call Zach! Trash the dress... do it, do it... and then show us the pics. :)

Lindsay said...

Great photos!

Gabriela said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I'm obsessed with the baptism ones- that baby is going to be seeing a lot of framed photos of herself, I can tell!

Anonymous said...

I've had professional photos at my wedding. I love all of the photos!

The Velotas Family said...

I love Zach and would have only wanted him to do Emma's photos! He's just so good at finding those awesome moments to take pictures! I'm more a candid picture girl and Zach can get those moments! I'm bias too, but even if he wasn't a friend I'd still want him to do pics because he is that good!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Precious dog and baby in those pics.

My favorite photog is probably my friend, and wedding photographer, Josh Weiss. He took amazing photos for us -- hubs and I like to just go back through them whenever.

http://www.joshdweiss.com/photoblog/2010/03/29/wedding-tom-anna-hamlin << just in case anyone wants to see pretty pictures!

Samma said...

My best friend A.K. Vogel is an incredible photographer! She did my bridal portraits which are amazing- http://spiceandsass.blogspot.com/2009/08/most-amazing-bridal-portraits.html

I love when dogs smile like that, and it is so hard to capture in a photo- LOVE!

Kelly Olexa said...

Those pictures are amazing! Great photography- is invaluable. I have a fantastic photographer that I adore, in fact I'm working on a new shoot with her for new pictures for my book. She rocks totally and makes me look fabulous. ;-)

Pam said...

Wow - he is a very talented photographer. I love the last shot of the baby.

We have never had professional photos taken of us or our children. We like random shots or we just take them ourselves.

Kacy said...

That baptistm picture is so precious!

Erica said...

I work from home part time and LOVE it. Frank is totally spoiled by it. Hes super sad when I go into the office haha. The photographs are beautiful. I love looking at professional photographs. My photographers name (for my wedding) is alison conklin. She has a fabulous blog and site as well. Hope you have a wonderful weekend

Melinda said...

Love all of the beautiful photos! I always run errands or work on my lunch- so much to do and not enough time- I always say!

Atlanta is awesome- I had the best time and I'm so jealous that you guys have 7 Trader Joes and several Whole Foods AND a Costco!! I was trying to talk the hubby into moving there!! lol How is your commute though- it was pretty crazy driving back home!

Jennifer said...

Wow he is talented! Those are some awesome pictures. I don't have a favorite photographer, and I haven't had any professional photos done in years but I really should, it was always fun

Mica said...

I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of getting professional photos taken of me or of me with friends, me with the boyfriend, etc. It seems like it would be really awkward to have to pretend that something is HILARIOUS while the photographer snaps away. I'm just kind of uncomfortable though...

Thinspired said...

Beautiful photos!
Funny you posted about this...we are actually having professional photos taken next month for our anniversary. We never had engagement photos, so these are sort of in place of that. I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

omgoodness, those pictures are amazing! would he come to DC? hehe

Melinda said...

Love all of the beautiful photos! I always run errands or work on my lunch- so much to do and not enough time- I always say!

Atlanta is awesome- I had the best time and I'm so jealous that you guys have 7 Trader Joes and several Whole Foods AND a Costco!! I was trying to talk the hubby into moving there!! lol How is your commute though- it was pretty crazy driving back home!

Jennifer said...

Wow he is talented! Those are some awesome pictures. I don't have a favorite photographer, and I haven't had any professional photos done in years but I really should, it was always fun