Thursday, October 14, 2010

Almost Married, Bestie Back Story, 4 Miles

Thanks for the sweet comments, invisible friends! :) (or "modern day pen pals - good one Sarena!) Love it - sounds like we have lots of planners out there. And my friend Tyson sent me a list of his favorite TED talks - i'm pumped to check them out!

So yesterday was a good one! I just worked and then walked 4 miles during lunch. During my workout I talked to Emily, the bride-to-be this weekend, for almost 3 miles! SO good to chat with her - made me even more pumped about her wedding weekend!! A little back story:

Me, Emily, Megan and Lindsey have been friends for a long time! I’ve been friends with Megan since I was 5, Em since I was 14 and Lindz since I was 16, and all of us were on dance line together in high school. In college, I lived with Megan through all of undergrad, and Em lived with us for two years. After college we all split up – me to Atlanta, Megan to Enterprise, Alabama, (our hometown), Lindsey to Brunswick/St. Simons, Gerogia, and Emily to D.C./Virginia. However, we work hard to stay in touch and see each other when we can (also, a special thank you to email, text messaging and facebook!). Lindsey was married first at the Jekyll Island club in Georgia in fall 2007, and we were all in her wedding.
October 2007 at Lindsey's Wedding (l-r: Em, Meags, Lindz, & Me)

Yours truly came next at Vestavia Country Club in Alabama in winter 2008, and they were all in my wedding.

February 2008 at My Wedding (l-r: Meags, Me, Em, & Lindz)

Megan was married in Spring 2009 at Enterprise Country Club and, you guessed it, we were all her bridesmaids!

May 2009 AT Megan's wedding (l-r: Lindz, Meags, Me and Em)

Now, it's Emily's wedding weekend in Virginia - I can’t wait! We are all SO happy for her, of course, and she's going to be a STUNNING bride! I know it's going to be a great weekend - i'm already hearing the "reunited and it feeeellllsss so goooood!" :)

Back to present day. After my amazing catch-up chat with Em, I worked more, and then after work headed home to make a new recipe: Tortellini Chicken Soup. Yes, it was off meal plan, but i've been DYING to make it. Sadly, I was too hungry while cooking it so I haven't eaten it yet... I'll post the recipe and review tomorrow though - hope it's good, it sure smelled fabulous! After dinner me and Austin settled in for Harry Potter (he's been gone all week at a conference - so good to have him back!). Whilst watching, I busted out the old dumbbells and did this chest, tricep and shoulder workout:
I'm already sore. Oy. I swear - once I skip a week of 2 or ST my body wastes NO time reminding me! After Harry Potter we watched a bit of TV and called it a night!

Q: Still have any besties from high school? I love friends who have known me from so long ago and through so much - sometimes it weirds me out how long I've known people, in a good way of course!

Q: How do you keep up with your friends? Are you a Facebook fan? I really rely on email and facebook - so fun. Also, super helpful that Lindz has started a blog - love reading up on what's going on in her life!! Don't you wish all of your friends had a blog?!

13 comments:

Erica said...

You four are GORGEOUS (and all have great taste in both bride and bridesmaid dresses!). I know you will have an absolute blasty this weekend. I have a few friends from HS I still keep in touch with. My best friend is someone I have known since sophomore year in high school. <3! Have a great day

Unknown said...

Awww Kel. I can't wait to see you either! I love you girls.

And thanks Erica!! :)

Tyler said...

I have a few ladies from HS that I still chat with. We were called the "Senate Girls" because we were in Student Senate and did EVERYTHING together.If it weren't for Facebook, I doubt a few of us would even talk! It's so easy to lose track of people once they/you move away. But whenever we do get together, we pick up right where we left off. Lovely!

Genesis said...

my bestie used to be my enemy in high school but that was for a brief moment. now i love her to death and cant live without her.

Biz said...

Love all the wedding pics - you are all so beautiful!

My twin sister and I have been best friends with twin sisters since we were 8 years old - we've been friends for 34 years and still get together about 4 times a year!

Paige said...

HS besties are the best!! I am still good good friends with almost all mine :)
congrats I your friend!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love all the wedding pics! Ya'll are all gorgeous!

Kacy said...

That's so cool that you have all stayed so close! I only have one bestie still from HS, but she'll def be in my wedding if I ever have one :)

Beth @ bride in the little white dress said...

Yes I have a few that I keep in contact with mainly over Facebook or texting. My super close girlfriends are from college. They've been with me through thick & thin. :)

lee said...

I'm still friends with some people from HS. Facebook definitely does make it easier but I totally agree with you and wish they all had blogs.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

How fun that there is another wedding for you guys to be reunited! :-) I wish I still had friends from my childhood, but I live too far away...

Paige said...

HS besties are the best!! I am still good good friends with almost all mine :)
congrats I your friend!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love all the wedding pics! Ya'll are all gorgeous!