Try out lots of new fitness classes to mix up my cardio. Try hot yoga. Try crossfit. Try everything. Why not? It’s free to try stuff.Can obviously still try more but am excited about the progress I've made with spin and body pump!
- Start C25K again, from the beginning, but do elliptical or bike when I’m not running.
- Measure each week. No really. I suck at this and I can tell my body has changed as a result of not staying on strength training.
- Make my wedding album/book. No really. Do it and stop putting it off.
- Make a 2010 book – just a book of all of my favorite photos from the year. Start making one of these family books each year. Do one for 2009 so I’ll have a book for every year we’re married.
- Omit needless things. Go through ALL of the closets in our house and donate or toss. Go through clothes and shoes and donate or toss.
- Organize the pantry. Like for real. With printed signs.
- Organize my spice cabinet. I picture matching jars and printed labels. These are a few of my favorite things.
Train Remy. Remy girl needs LOTS of training. I want her to be where Reuben is by the end of Q1.
- Try out churches in our area. I’m interested in going to Sunday sermons and need to see what’s out there by us. I've found one I can't wait to try, hasn't happened yet though.
- Continue making new recipes and trying new things in the kitch, especially snacks and desserts! am making a ton! tried meatless March too!
- Reupholster chaise in master bedroom and get new bench for foot of bed. made some calls - am looking - oy.
- Have TV mounted over fireplace in den, and have cable installed for it. Austin has made some calls...
- Make LOTS of videos – I’m behind and want to continue filming so I need to start cranking some out for reals. Still behind!
- Do abs twice a week. How hard is this? Apparently very as I haven’t done abs since Independence Day. Sigh. I suck at this!
- Make more meal plans. I love them and want to make/share more. Am behind!
- Have date night at least once a week. Out of the house. At a movie theater, bowling alley, park, gym – somewhere. When we have date night at home we kind of suck at it and end up on our laptops (both), or playing video games (Austin) or watching crap TV (me). This is going really well! I feel like we've spent so much chill time together this year already!
- Don’t buy any books unless they’re for book club. I have SO many to read at home and have a great library system. NO buying books for me. going SO well - haven't gotten one.
- In that same vein – I want to read 52 books. One book per week. I got close this year without trying so why not try and do it? Loves. am on track to meet this goal.
- Do a household budget. No really – give it a whirl. I keep saying I’ll do it now we’ll know what new salaries are for 2011 so I have NO excuse. Have gotten some items on paper - not finalized though or viewed with Austin.
Create a gift center. This sounds silly, but whenever it’s time for a gift we have tape in 3 different drawers, white tissue in a kitchen drawer and a guest room closet, wrapping paper in the attic and so on and so forth. No. I want to have EVERYTHING in one closet – probably in a guest room. Also, I’m finding more and more that while I’m out and about I pick up items for people and save them until their birthdays! I want to have a place for them to go to.All that's left is taking pictures! Get a container and establish a place for extra buttons.And learn how to sew one on. Right now – I have those ‘extra button’ packs all over the house, and when one falls off I stop wearing the item. Now that’s just silly! So I got a container and filled it and labeled it... haven't learned how to sew one on!
- Buy lamps. I love lamps. I want to move lamps around – get new lamps for our master bedroom and move these into other rooms in the house. I want to replace lamps in living room that are more contemporary. am still on the lookout!
- Hang shelves in the half bathroom and install hooks below it for towels. need to do this!
- Get gutters cleaned. I know, kinda lame but it needs to happen!
- Block puppy escape route in backyard. They’re getting wiser those little rascals.
Get fan in guest room corrected – need to get an electrician out.
- Need to get a new stainless steel rolling cooler. Actually removed this one - we decided to go a cheaper option. SO, in place of this goal, i'd like to add
Create a Kitchen Business Center. This is something I didn't know I needed/wanted until I did #6 - #8 above... we found SO much stuff all over. Like 7 different places for batteries. No more!
- See menus to make up new recipes (look at P.F. Chang, Top Spice, Maggiano’s, My Friend’s Place, Pur Taqueria or Pancho’s, Seasons 52 and Tavern a Plaka).
- Spend as much time with my soon-to-be nephew Dane as possible – I can’t wait! Am LOVING this part - although no time is enough time!
So... where to start? If I had my way i'd focus on all of them now but clearly that would be a bad idea! So these are my January 2011 Goals:
- Try out one new fitness class at my parent company gym.
- Start C25K – do weeks 1-3.
- Measure on Fridays: January 7, 14, 21 and 28.
- Organize January – March 2010 pictures for 2010 photo book.
- Go through closets in orange and green guest rooms – omit needless things!
- Work on ‘Sit’ with Remy.
- Try out one church in our area on Sunday, January 16 or Sunday, January 30.
- Make 5 new recipes.
- Make three videos: one for Austin’s birthday, one for May/June and July, and one for August/September/October.
- Do abs Thursdays and Sundays. These are my unofficial, now official, ab days.
- Read 5 books.
- Go to Target to get a container for buttons and to get tissue, bags, etc. for gift center.
WOO - can't wait to get started! Actually... I already have! I made two new videos today. YESSSS. One is a compilation of May, June and July goings on - some from the lake, birthday parties, going away parties, baptisms, graduation parties and the list goes on. We LOVE to celebrate! Hope you have time to check it out and enjoy it. :) The other is Austin's 30th birthday - the video project/"booth" we set up went over well!!
May, June and July Video
Austin's 30th Birthday Video
Q: What are your 2011 goals or to-dos?
Q: Anything specific you're striving for in January?