Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crispy Honey Chicken & Sunday in Napa

Yes, I'm almost done with our Napa trip! haha I left off on Sunday, but before starting I want to share a recipe we enjoyed before we left: Crispy Honey Chicken!

Crispy Honey Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is

Nutritional Information: 425 calories, 63 carbs, 5 fat grams and 31 protein grams.

Great, light dish! I made this for Austin, my mom and my sister and we all enjoyed how light it was and how nice that honey made it taste. Super simple, quick to put together (under 20 minutes including rice) and a definite keeper. We each did add some salt - but that's all. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

And on to our Sunday in Napa! Sunday was our more low-key, less-planned day. We only had one appointment so it was nice to chill a bit. I got up early and went for another outdoor run with Austin all   through downtown Yountville - SO pretty. Then we had a nice breakfast at the hotel, showered and met  up with Paul & Michelle around lunchtime out! Here's some pics:

We stopped on the way out for lunch at Oakville Grocery - such a cool stop for gourmet sandwiches and I got a latte! We got to eat outside too which was really nice - still can't get over the great weather we had!
Awesome little store - great service too!

Austin got some homemade strawberry lemonade - I had a sip - amazing!
Then we headed over to Frank Family for a private tasting. I LOVED all of their wines, and we even got to try some that weren't on the tasting list - like Promise - wow.
Afterwards we headed over to Bremer Family and had a great tasting, and even got to try there Austintaticious wine - so funny! Not on the listing, but since Austin's name is Austin they let us try it. Yes, we had to buy some!
Loved their bottles
We also got to do a very rouge tour of their caves - they're not built yet but look like they're going to be really nice!
Later we went back to downtown Yountville, parked the car and stopped by a local winery Page
Then we just walked around and took pics!
Loved this little French bistro!
And all of the fun outdoor stuff - cute mushrooms outside of a post office!
Then we headed back to the hotel, changed clothes, and went to dinner at Mustards Grill. AMAZING - I had  the scallop tostado and it was seriously the best thing I've tasted!

WOO! Only one more day in Napa - promises. :)

Q: Scallops: yay or nay? I've never really been a fan but these tasted amazing - less 'mushy' than the ones I dislike. And I would have never thought to have scallops in a tostado!


Q: Do you like honey? I had never really thought one way or another about it, but have used it for a lot of Asian dishes now and think it's a great base and adds a lot to recipes!

No comments: