Thursday, December 22, 2011

25 Ways to Wear a Scarf, New Slowcooker Recipe

Happy Thursday! Today marks day 6 of vacation, day 3 of being sick and I haven't worked out since Sunday - eek! I hope to do something today, even though i'm definitely still not 100%. Boo. Maybe i'll just walk? Take it easy? I dunno - getting stir crazy - there's only so many Hills episodes I can watch! haha On another note - I found 25 Ways to Wear a Scarf. I love the celebrity, waterfall and key tie. And no, I haven't been practicing all day on my vacation day. Don't be silly... The Twist & Pull is my go-to, but i'm excited to have so many new ways to try it. LOVE this video. At the end, you can click on your favorites for tutorials - GENIUS.


Other than practicing my scarf techniques, I've just been cooking up recipes! This morning I made these awesome egg and bean breakfast tacos with homemade salsa, and lunch brought us another new recipe - Pesto Butternut Squash Pizza. AWESOME - so great to be back in the kitchen. Those recipes are coming soon, in the meantime, here's a new slowcooker recipe: 
Slowcooker Chicken, Chickpea & Potato Curry
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Makes 6 Servings

Nutritional Information: 409 calories, 51 carbs, 7 fat grams and 33 protein grams.

Review: So hearty! This is a great, filling recipe that reheats very well. I loved the use of potatoes - I don't use them enough! And the shredded chicken tasted wonderful. Most of the ingredients involve little to no prepwork-  just add to the slowcooker and walk away. I also liked that it made 6 servings - and the nutritionals were right in line with my goals for meals. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Scarf fan - yay or nay?! I love 'em!


Q: Is it cold where you are?! I want it to be cold - but it's just not cutting it. It's just gross. And kind of rainy. And mildly chilly. Blah. I want cold, I want snow, I want no precipitation! 

No comments: