Thursday, December 1, 2011

Weekly News! P90X? And Healthified Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole

It's almost the weekend?! Love it! This was my first week back from my lovely, productive, relaxing, family, friends, fun 12+ day vacation! Before I update, here's a new recipe we've been enjoying!
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 403 calories, 26 carbs, 17 fat grams and 31 protein grams.

It really tasted like a cheeseburger! I loved the recipe; it was super cheesy and creamy. I worried about how it would reheat, but while the fries did lose their crispiness, it wasn't mushy like I'd feared! The serving size filled me up, and it's definitely a fun, childlike dish. I wouldn't make it for guests (it's just too silly of a dish!), but would definitely make it again for us and think it would be a great meal for kiddos. And yes, the fat grams are on the high side, but I figure you must make sure you have lower-fat breakfasts & lunches that day!
One serving!
Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen! The week has been pretty standard:

Monday: a.m. workout 2-mile run + abs; work; home to the family! News: Another new employee joined our team - SO exciting! And I was invited to do P90X with two co-workers I met at the gym. There is an area in the gym with a big flat screen and DVD player - you can get videos from the front and they had just started and invited me to join - starting the next day at 6 a.m.

Tuesday: a.m. workout 1-hour P90X plyos; work; home to the family! LOVED that plyo workout. News: I was so dang sore and don't know that i've ever done that many squats in a week, much less a day, much less one workout session!


Wednesday: a.m. workout 1-hour P90X bicep/tricep/chest workout + Ab ripper X; work; shopping for my Salvation Army Angel with Stacy; more work; worked late; off to Emily's for Book Club! I haven't read in months, and didn't read the book, but had missed the last two book club sessions so was SO glad to attend. Great to see the girls, catch up with everyone and eat Emily's yummy enchiladas! News: officially moved a part-time employee to full-time! Now our 5-person team has 4 people! 

Today: slept! Was SO sore - I consider this a good thing! Worked, worked and did more work. Cooked a few recipes, and packed which brings me to... News: Austin's parents are in town for the SEC championship game. They got us a hotel room in downtown ATL so we're going to go spend the weekend with them down there! Should be a good time - when I leave work tomorrow i'll be heading to the hotel to chill for a bit before dinner - yay! AND I officially have a boss - the new director positions is now filled - WOO! Watch out 2012 here we come - an almost-full roster. I can actually feel the weight lifting!


Q: How was your week? Whatcha doing this weekend?


Q: P90X - tried it? Like it? Thoughts?


Q: What's your favorite 'childhood' food?!

No comments: