Sunday, April 8, 2012

Settlers of Catan, Wonderful Easter Weekend, Book Review

Happy Easter & Passover! We just got back home and unpacked - we were at Austin's aunt and uncle's farm in Macon, Ga., for Easter. There were 26 of us there - crazy! Great weather, enjoyed  the sun by the pool, having a few beers, playing The Setttlers of Catan, eating (way. too. much), celebrating Austin's mom's milestone birthday, watching the Masters's, eating more, having a couple of glasses of wine, reading Christos Tsiolkas' The Slap, talking about Hunger Games with the cousins, eating more, comparing workouts with Austin's dad (he's a big fan of walking planks), riding around in the many motorized vehicles from golf carts to 4 wheelers, discussing how my favorite Clueless actress feeds her baby food from her own mouth (why, Alicia?), eating more. Yes, you see the theme - lots of eating! Great time though. And seriously - this is the best game ever:
I want to play the Settlers of Catan again right now!!
Pics coming later! In the meantime, I DO have a book review of Heather Gudenkauf's These Things Hidden. I LOVED it. It was a story told from four women's perspectives. Two are sisters, who shared a secret that left one of them in prison. And the other two? We don't know even know how they fit in. I was interested immediately and flew through it - great book, lots of twists and surprises - my favorite! It was also really sad but only left a couple of things unanswered so that worked for me. I would definitely recommend it for a short, fast read that will make you shudder and keep you guessing! I give it a 4.5/5. It would have been a 5 if the character of Christopher had been developed more - it left me guessing too much!

This week should be pretty good - I have work (obviously), book club on Wednesday and then we leave Friday for Auburn for A-day!! Looking forward to seeing our friends and celebrating AU's team! AND i'm hoping to get in lots of workouts! This past week I did two-a-days on Monday and Tuesday, then worked out Wednesday - 5 workouts/3 days -but didn't do ANYTHING on Thursday - today. So i'm excited to get into the gym tomorrow morning - I plan to run and strength train!!

Q: What are you looking forward to this week?


Q: Ever played The Settlers of Catan? What is your favorite board game? I'd never even heard of the settlers of catan - but now I want to buy a copy! It was like a mash up of the best parts of monopoly, Pit and Chinese Checkers rolled into one awesome game! I'm such a dork!

No comments: