Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Meal Plan Menu, BBQ Ranch Chicken Pasta, Two-A-Days

Happy Monday! Hope you had good ones - I actually did, a bit of a too-long afternoon but not awful! Today started out with a 1-mile run + 1/2 mile walk, followed by chest, triceps and P90X ab ripper - woo! Then it was work, work, work, but I took a break at lunch for a 3.5-mile walk whilst catching up with Stacy. Then it was more work and now i'm heading home to the family for new recipe week! What is that? Well, friends, it's exactly like what it sounds like - I've found/created/adapted/healthified recipes for the entire week so we'll eat all new foods until Sunday. What's on the menu?
  • Zucchini Breakfast Strata
  • Tex Mex Breakfast Burritos
  • Caprese Breakfast Cups
  • 3-Meat Chili
  • Thai Chicken Pizza
  • Sausage, White Bean & Spinach Soup
  • Orange-Beef Stir Friy
  • Shrimp Etoufee
  • Spaghetti with Bacon Meatballs
Yes, I'm so excited! We actually got started a bit early and had the Thai Chicken Pizza for dinner last night. A-mazing! And I have a recipe I didn't post last week:
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pasta
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 402 calories, 50 carbs, 5 fat grams and 37 protein grams.

At first I was like what? BBQ ranch pasta? But alas, I had a TON of red onion that needed to be used, so this was a perfect way to not waste an onion! The BBQ sauce combined with the carmelized red onions was great, and I loved the ‘cool’ that the ranch and cilantro brought to the recipe. This reheated well, and we froze/reheated, too, and it was great! A quick, easy recipe that you can have done in under 20 minutes. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!


Q: Have a favorite onion? I seriously love white, yellow, red and green - are there any others? If I had to pick i'd say white as I probably use it the most/find it the most versatile!


Q: What's one thing on your menu this week?!

No comments: