Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Haircut Help, New Meal Plan, 15 Best Between Meal Snacks Article and Product Questions!

Before I get into yesterday's crap day and meal planning... I have a burning question. Should I get a LOB??!! Ladies, I've been rocking my current hair style since 2000... seriously! And don't get me wrong. I love it and it's served me well. But i'm OVER IT. At my last hair appointment I asked the girl if she could do anything to my hair what would she do? She said, honestly, that she would do it how it is but if ANYTHING she would do a LOB ala Paltrow. I was excited... what ELSE?! She said nothing. My jaw was too masculine. WTF?! Anywho... i'm been eying the LOB... what do we think?! I made a hair appointment for Friday at 2 p.m. Holla back!!

P.S. I don't rock a middle part...

Looking forward to your thoughts!!

Backing up... Yesterday I felt like a zombie. I looked like crap, felt like crap, the weather was crappy, and work was crappy. I was so busy I had to work through lunch, and after work I headed straight home. Yes, no workout. BLAH. And I had TONS of treats. True story. I was basically like whatever and just ate my way through the day. Shockingly, I ended up at 1,726 calories, 230 carbs, 57 fat grams and 80 protein grams. Here’s what I ate. I thought it was worse….. Still – the calories were from crap, not whole foods by any stretch of the imagination. But…. That’s okay! It happened and I got on track last night, cooked a bunch, put my meals in spark people BEFORE eating them and feel better already. Sometimes I worry I’ll be using Spark People forever. I just have no concept of feeling full, when to quit, willpower, etc., lately! I blame it on the season change. Hehe

Speaking of meals, this was my meal plan for the week – so I made a packet based on this:

Monday: Breaded Breakfast Chicken Sandwiches (b); herbed Greek chicken salad pita (l); beef and bean enchiladas (d)

Tuesday: Bacon/Egg/cheese Muffin (b); Enchilada Casserole (l); pasta with sundried tomato pesto (d)

Wednesday: Breaded Breakfast Chicken Sandwiches (b); herbed Greek chicken salad pita (l); beef and bean enchiladas (d)

Thursday: cereal (b); Enchilada Casserole (l); Ricotta and Beef Manicotti (d)

Friday: Bacon/Egg/Cheese Muffin (b); southwestern chicken & white bean soup (l); pasta with sundried tomato pesto (d)

Saturday (out of town): English Muffin Breakfast Pizza (b); Ricotta and Beef Manicotti (l); OUT (d)

Sunday (out of town): English Muffin Breakfast Pizza (b); southwestern chicken & white bean soup (l); Lemon Pepper chicken with artichokes and mushrooms (d)

But, as you know, life happens, so I had to push this out some as we ate Austin’s mom’s meals rather than our meals so we have leftovers! Here’s is the revised version… and flushed out into next week.

Tuesday: Bacon/Egg/cheese Muffin (b); Enchilada Casserole (l); Green Salsa Chimichangas (d)

Wednesday: Breaded Breakfast Chicken Sandwiches (b); herbed Greek chicken salad pita (l); pasta with sundried tomato pesto (d)

Thursday: Bacon/Egg/cheese Muffin (b); Enchilada Casserole (l); Green Salsa Chimichangas (d)

Friday: Breaded Breakfast Chicken Sandwiches (b); herbed Greek chicken salad pita (l); Ricotta and Beef Manicotti (d)

Saturday (out of town): English Muffin Breakfast Pizza (b); beef and bean enchiladas (l); pasta with sundried tomato pesto (d)

Sunday (out of town) English Muffin Breakfast Pizza (b); Ricotta and Beef Manicotti (l); beef and bean enchiladas (d)

Monday: Sausage/Egg/Cheese Muffin (b); southwestern chicken & white bean soup (l); Lemon Pepper chicken with artichokes and mushrooms (d)

Tuesday: Potato/Egg/Sausage Burrito (b); sweet & sour chicken (l); Chicken Picatta (d)

Wednesday: Sausage/Egg/Cheese Muffin (b); southwestern chicken & white bean soup (l); Lemon Pepper chicken with artichokes and mushrooms (d)

Thursday: Cereal (b); sweet & sour chicken (l); Crock pot chicken tortilla soup new! (d)

Friday: Potato/Egg/Sausage Burrito (b); Cheesy Stuffed Shells new! (l); Chicken Picatta (d)

Saturday: Breakfast Sweet Potatoes new! (b); Crock pot chicken tortilla soup (l); Cheesy stuffed shells (d)

Sunday: Country Egg Scramble new! (b); Slow cooker sweet & spicy chicken tacos new! (l); Wasabi Salmon new! (d)

I’m so excited – I've picked all of my new recipes and can’t wait! (yes, this is the weekend we’re in town ALL WEEKEND – woo!). I still need to make a packet for the second week – but the original first week packet is ready to go so if you want it just shoot me an email! (unless someone knows a way to link to word documents on here??!!)

BTW - I came across a great article today in my Eat This Not That newsletter: 15 Best and Worst Between Meal Snacks. I liked how it divided it up by different types of snacks, then showed what’s better or worse. And of course I always like when products I eat on the reg are in the “eat that” category. Where’s my gold star?! I got info from it – I want to find Dr. McDougall’s Ramen Chicken and popchips!! Anyone had these products? Like/dislike? Know where I can find them? Holla!

I’ll post today’s stats/exercises tomorrow – for now, I’m out!! TTYL!

31 comments:

Therese said...

OH I think a LOB would be cute! The only drawback I can see is with a trendier haircut like that you almost HAVE to style it for it look good. I knew this girl who got a bob and it looked great the day she came home with it but she never styled it right! It started looking like Florence Henderson lol.

Anyway just throwing that out there. I'm no one to talk, I haven't had a hair cut in 6 months :)

fittingbackin said...

Florence Henderson??!! Oh my! haha You bring up a GREAT poin!! Well I have to make sure my LOB can get in some kind of ponytail... other then that i'm not TOO worried since i'm a prettier big styler and flat iron on the reg... hmmm. Now i'm concerned.

I DID fail to mention one thing. My hair grows freakishly fast. Like insane. (typically has been a curse; the blessing side could come in handy if I go LOB and it doesn't work for me....) hehe

Anonymous said...

i say do it!!! i think it would be cute....i am like reese though, and i never change my hair. for no other reason though, than i am a WIMP. So i say, go for it! :)

Andrea said...

I think you should give the lob a try.

Anonymous said...

I think the LOB would look cute on you. I've had my hair shorter and my rules is that it must be able to fit in a ponytail (like you said).

Can't wait to hear the Crockpot Chicken recipe!

Anonymous said...

OK - dumb question - what is a LOB? I am familiar with a bob but not a LOB.

You're lucky you have nice, thick straight hair - you can do anything. I say go for it.

Me on the other hand - I fight frizz all the time and have a narrow face. That cut would never work for me.

And you do NOT have a masculine jaw. WTH???

Anonymous said...

You can totally rock the lob!

fittingbackin said...

Um.... you guys are awesome!!

Jacey - Lob is a long bob!! So you were right!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I think a LOB is great! Go for it! :)

Great, super organized, meal plan as always!

Sweet As Boys said...

You can totally rock the LOB! Way cute :)

Anonymous said...

do it do it do it! love the lob! I've had a bob for half my life...and love the idea of a lob now that I'm growing my hair out. I wouldn't worry about the styling...you obvi do that anyway, plus a good styled cut is easier to fix than a plain jane cut (in my opinion!)

Love the meal packet idea! I might need one when I get back from Nashville!

Kaneil

Mica said...

Unsurprisingly, I was aware that the LOB existed. I think it would look cute on you--very chic! Though I don't know if I'd trust the opinion of one hairdresser. I don't think you have a masculine jawline or whatever.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love the lob idea! It seems modern but very versatile!

Hope you're feeling better today!

Samma said...

I adore Lobs, and you can find popchips at The Fresh Market- there is one on Peachtree at the edge of B-head towards Midtown :)

Anonymous said...

I think that haircut is cute.

They have popchips at Target. Random, I know.

april said...

The haircut is cute!!

And breaded chicken sounds fabulous!

Thinspired said...

I don't do a middle part either, but I totally got a lob last summer. Love it! It's the perfect compromise between long and short. I think you would rock it!

Laura W said...

I think that a lob would look good on you! I also think that you would notice a huge change in volume (less than what you have now), depending on how many layers she puts in!

I honestly don't like popchips... I've tried 2 (or 3?) flavors and they just aren't satisfying! I found them at Target.

Shelli said...

That LOB will be so cute! Go for it! I pigged out yesterday too! I like putting my meals for the day in sparkpeople that way I know they are within my plan. I feel the same way about not feeling fulll - SP for life I guess!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I think a LOB would be so cute on you. You don't have a masculine jaw at all!! What's that about?

Great menus as always.

Jenny said...

I just love long hair, so I'm gonna tell you to NOT cut your hair off-- BUT (and there is always a but), I know the feeling of wanting a change. I'm going through that at the moment-- I love my long hair and the way it looks, but I want something different..Hmmm...And a LOB wouldn't look good on my rounder face at the moment....

That being said, I think it'd be super cute on you, minus the middle part. BAHHA

I LOL'd at Reese's "Florence Henderson" comment.

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

plan- arent you ambitious?

I cant do a middle part- my forehead will not allow it. I wish though- those hair cuts are adorable.

Gwyneth? Not so much

haute.teapot said...

Long time reader and wanted to comment and say you'd look great with that or even side swept bangs--but maybe I am partial because I have them, haha. And you so don't have a masculine jaw! Either way, please debut the new hair once you get it done! :)

Paige @ RAN said...

I love her hair cut! I think you would look adorable with it! I have way too much hair to ever get a lob, but I bet it'd look cute on you!

healthy ashley said...

I think you'd look awesome with the new haircut :)

Unknown said...

I can't give you hair advice... I need some of my own!! I generally have very boring haircuts except for when I got the Victoria Beckham 2 years ago. Now I grew it out and am at loss again!

I've had popchips. They are ok, nothing to rave about. The and pepper flavor are VERY peppery which I am not a fan of. Their website lets you put in your zip code to tell you where to find them if I remember correctly!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way with my hair - I seriously have also had the same hairstyle for like 6 yrs. but I'm feeling kinda outta the loop/dumb - whats LOB mean? hehe

I love that you post our meal plan - can't wait to see more on that wasabi salmon... your enchilada casserole, have you posted that recipe?? I'd love to know what recipe you use =)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your new 'do!!! So cute!

Can you email me one of your meal packets? I have a feeling they will help me win a bet with Andrew! :)

Thanks!!!
Kaneil

Lola said...

You can totally rock the LOB! Way cute :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I think a LOB is great! Go for it! :)

Great, super organized, meal plan as always!

Andrea said...

I think you should give the lob a try.