Saturday, September 6, 2008

DAY 5: Saturday, Sept. 6, Assessment – Easy Saturday!

I’m watching a That 70’s Show marathon – love it. Me and Austin were going to do a 24 marathon night but he passed out. I knew he would – he was up later than me, got up earlier than me and played poker/watched football today – I think he’s out for the count! I’m pretty tired, too, just in bed with Reuben! Anyway, here’s how I did today:

Weight: 131.5 (same as yesterday)
Calories: 1,119 (81 below REC zone: 1200-1550; 475 less than yesterday)
Fat: 28 (2 below REC zone: 32-56; 7 more than yesterday)
Carbs: 149 (in REC zone: 163-236; 55 less than yesterday)

What I ate:
Breakfast: English muffin, morning star farms sausage patty, and an egg; seasoned with salt, pepper & creole salt
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on nature’s own light wheat bread with 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise, romaine lettuce, 1 tbsp Italian dressing and 1/8 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese with 1 cup 99% fat free Progresso new England clam chowder soup
Dinner: Sandwich on wheat bread with 2 slices of turkey, ham, roast beef and chicken; 2 slices of tomato, lettuce, 1 tbsp Italian dressing, 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise, and 1 slice fat-free Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Had fresh mushrooms sautéed in 1 tsp olive oil for a side.
Snack: 2 cups skim milk; 1 kashi oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie

What I did at the gym:
BW + abs (full body strength training)
3 miles treadmill (walking 4 mph) – burned 202 calories

Overall Assessment: In the end, I had 1,119 calories coming in and expended 202 on the treadmill, leaving me at 917 calories – which is a little low for today. I think it’s because I had breakfast at 10 a.m. then took a nap eating a late lunch at 2 p.m. Then I was out at the gym, visiting Angie at the hospital, buying groceries until 8 p.m. and I was STARVING! That’s when we made the yummy sandwiches/mushrooms. Then I ate the cookie later – mostly because I noticed my calories were too low (only 900) – so I had 2 glasses of milk, too, to take me up to the higher amount! It was a good day – I’m proud of this week and feel good about the progress I’ve made! Glad I weighed the same - I'm not trying to lose the weight fast... i'm just trying to lose it! I'm shooting for 1-2 pounds per week. I'd LOVE to be at 115 by New Year's!!!! Anyway, i'm getting ahead of myself. :)

No comments: