Saturday, September 6, 2008

DAY 4: Friday, Sept. 5, Assessment – My First Friday – eeek!

I must admit, I thought my first Friday would be harder! It went well…. I just stayed focused, stayed in for lunch, hit the gym hard and cooked my own dinner. Speaking of – I’m a new fan of brown rice! Everyone who knows me knows that white rice is my favorite food ever! It’s the BEST. I had tried brown rice and wasn’t feeling it… but apparently I’ve now developed a taste for it! I even crave it! Anyway, here’s how I did yesterday:

Weight: 131.5 (down .5 pounds from yesterday)
Calories: 1594 (44 above REC zone: 1200-1550; 453 more than yesterday)
Fat: 21 (11 below REC zone: 32-56; 3 less than yesterday)
Carbs: 204 (in REC zone: 163-236; 41 more than yesterday)

What I ate:
Breakfast: Jimmy Dean d-light
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on nature’s own light wheat bread with 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise, romaine lettuce, 1 tbsp Italian dressing and 1/8 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese with Baked Sour Cream & Onion Lays
Snack 1: 100-calorie pack of oreos
Snack 2: 11 baby carrots with 2 tbsp. fat-free ranch dressing and 7 Triscuits with 3 laughing cow cheese cubes
Dinner: ¾ cup brown rice; 1.5 cups green beans; 136 grams chicken; 5 tbsp Italian Dressing (for cooking & rice… probably an overestimate but I forgot to measure… again!)
Snack 3: 4 glasses white wine (maybe have had less… but I didn’t measure so… I put 4 just in case!!

What I did at the gym:
1-hour Hip Hop – burned 165 calories
3 miles treadmill (walking 4 mph) – burned 202 calories

Overall Assessment:In the end, I had 1,594 calories coming in and expended 367 on the treadmill and in Hip Hop, leaving me at 1,227 calories – which seems a little high but it’s in the recommended zone! Let’s be honest – the wine killed me…. Without it I would have been at 1,314 – well within the recommended calories. But I must admit – that 280 calories was worth a great time with Austin, Lincoln and Shana! Today I’m going to focus on drinking LOTS of water as I’m a little dehydrated from the wine. I’m also going to get to the gym soon to knock out 2 miles, then total body tone, then 2 more miles! Wish me luck!

No comments: