Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 42: Monday, Oct. 14, Assessment, and New Recipe & Puppy Pics

So after being so proud of how my day went, I went to a stressful meeting where the meeting facilitator/my boss’s boss’s boss brought all of her Halloween candy from the car. I’m talking two target bags filled with chocolate….. I had: fun size kit kat, fun size snickers, a Reese’s cup and two starburst. Sigh. I had no willpower. Instead, I had 308 calories, 16 fat grams and 40 carbs of CANDY – an entire (unhealthy) meal! Eek!! So now it’s 8:30 p.m. and I have had 1,533 calories, 35 fat grams and 229 carbs… no more food! Haha Here’s all the details: What I Ate Today

So Reuben tried out the new groomer today. The people were SUPER sweet – like I actually felt good about leaving him with them! And look how good his haircut turned out! I know you have nothing to compare it to, but he’s had a couple of doozies so I’m glad he’s back on track with new, lovely groomers! (in case you haven’t noticed I’m hella, hella obsessed with Reuben…)

I also tried out another new recipe! I was inspired by Chandra… and took her idea and kind of made it my own – Sweet & Sour Chicken! I used:
2 servings of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1.5 cups white minute rice
1 cup green bell pepper
3 slices canned dole pineapple
4 tbsp Sweet & Sour Sauce
Kosher Salt
Garlic Salt

I defrosted the chicken, cut it in pieces and coated in garlic salt/kosher salt, cooking over medium heat. As it cooked I had the rice going in the microwave and cut up the peppers and pineapple. Once the chicken was close to being done (i.e. barely pink) I added the peppers, pineapple and sauce, and turned the eye down to 3. I let it simmer for 2-3 more minutes, then served it over white rice. Me and Austin loved it – yum! It made two servings, and each had 474 calories, 1 fat gram, 84 carbs and 27 grams of protein. So that’s a lot of carbs… I think next time I’m going to make less rice (i.e. 1 cup) to take it down to 394 calories, 1 fat gram, 66 carbs and 27 grams of protein. Still a little higher in carbs but better overall. Either way – I think it’s worth it – yum!! Random that it has no fat, right?

So in the end I did get in 3 miles of cardio and abs (burned approximately 203 calories) taking me to 1,300 calories – not bad! Tomorrow: no Halloween candy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

your puppy looks great!! what a cutie :D
what a YUMMY dinner!! enjoy the rest of your night :D

fittingbackin said...

Thanks!! I'm so obsessed!! It was SO yummy - and filling too... i'm all into trying new recipes lately - it comes and goes but while it's here i'm trying to take advantage!!

A.B. Starns said...

Oooo I'm so stealing that recipe. It sounds super simple and I've been looking for a few Chinese food alternatives.

Reuben is adorable! Is he an "only child" or do you have other dogs?

fittingbackin said...

:) It is very super simple and honestly did taste like "the real thing." I've seen a recipe with egg whites and something else to kid of "fry" the chicken... but it seemed like too much trouble!

Thanks! He's an only!! For a while. We live in a 4th floor loft so he's our little indoor dog (litter box trained). We used to have a hammy too but he passed away. :( I'm so ready to get another pup but Austin's like um, no... haha

Big Pissy said...

That dinner looks SO tasty! You'll have to fix it for me some time. ;-)

fittingbackin said...

You know it! I love to cook so much now!! (well really I like food and i'm too controlling to let anyone else prepare it now!) :)

Big Pissy said...

LOL I'm more than happy to let you cook for me anytime you'd like! :)

I still remember you as a little girl...in the kitchen...making your own "chicken and rice" ;-)

fittingbackin said...

hehe Loved it!!! With the skillet!!