Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 51: Wednesday, Oct. 22, Assessment

Wow – I’m over my first 50 days – hard to believe it! I’ve really enjoyed tracking/blogging/sparking/etc. – yay!

So yesterday was a pretty good day…. Stressful at work… but I tried a kickboxing class at Knuckle Up with my workout partner (she’s in a rut – wants to try something new – I supported her!). It was intense – like they tape your hands, put your gloves on and you’re boxing with the 200-pound bag. The place was like Testosterone Central – a dude’s paradise – very Rage Against the Machinesque.
I enjoyed the class – wonderful instructor – but I did not sign up. I could see dropping in every once in a while, but it just wasn’t totally my thing (not for $70 a month anyway). My workout partner did sign up and I’m SUPER happy for her. More than anything – grateful that she got me into the working out habit.I’m going to miss her much, but am glad she’s doing that and I’ll probably start doing more dance classes – much more my thing! I will say – I’m pretty sore today. Like everywhere – but especially my back/shoulders and my legs from all of those kicks!!

When I got home, after stopping by the grocery store, Reuben had gotten SICK. Major sick… Austin cleaned it all and he was fine and we all hung out. Then at 4 a.m. I heard RUFF! Reuben was on the floor wanting ‘up’ into the bed. I put him up then was like wait a minute…. I walked into the bathroom (where his litterbox is) and it was full with sick…. Bless his heart! He had jumped down from bed and got sick in the bathroom – love him. So I couldn’t get back to sleep….. blah. Then I got up early and ran Reuben over to the vet…. Still waiting for results on his fecal exam. I so hope he’s okay!!! I miss him so much (it’s my work from home day/our day to spend together).

As far as weight I was at 122.5 yesterday AND today. I’m very, very happy with this – only .5 pounds more to lose in October to meet my one-pound-per-week goal. Yay! For yesterday I had a total of 1,449 calories (good!), 48 fat grams (good!), and 153 carbs – yay! I felt good about it – even though I again succumbed to a couple of Halloween chocolate treats – dang! Haha I have no idea how much I burned in kickboxing…. They say between 700 and 800. I wish there was a way to know for sure. Blah. Oh – I also introduced a “new” snack – ½ wheat pita with 1 tbsp hummus; 6 baby carrots with 1 tbsp hummus – YUM! Here's What I Ate Today.

K- need to get geared up for tonight – must run to the library, run by a shoe store, get ready and if Reuben is feeling better – go watch AU play West Virginia. We’ll see…

3 comments:

brianne said...

way to go! gosh, looking at your progress you have lost so much weight! and you can totally lose a little half pound by halloween : ) Have a good weekend and I hope the puppy is okay!

fittingbackin said...

Thanks, HK! I actually hit 122 yesterday but had no time to blog - about to go weigh now!!

He is! He's on lots of meds but he hasn't been sick again since we picked him up for the vet. We're going in for a follow up on Monday - thansk!

hannah katherine said...

way to go! gosh, looking at your progress you have lost so much weight! and you can totally lose a little half pound by halloween : ) Have a good weekend and I hope the puppy is okay!