Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 124 & 125: I Heart the Internet, Desperate Housewives & Fennel

Thank you for all of your support concerning my crappy venture into real estate BS! I needed it. :) It’s so hard to not get discouraged, and it’s hard to be patient. Especially when you’re SO ready to move you know? But it’s okay… it will happen., right?! So yesterday ended up being a good day! I mostly worked on the home blog all day – LOVE IT! It’s amazing how much you can do online now. I don’t even know how people decorated before Google! Here are a couple of the inspiration boards I’ve been working on most recently – my future den and one of my future guest rooms. Hope you like! Click on them to make them larger!




As far as yesterday’s food… I was a hungry girl! I was feeling snacks all day – couldn’t stop it! I went from kettle chips to a kashi cookie and even had pita/hummus – all over the place with snacks! I ended up close to the top at 1,547 calories, 235 carbs and 34 fat grams. Great! I also walked 4 miles (4 mph; incline 0-3) – great Sunday! Here’s what I ate. And OMG how good was Desperate Housewives?! Loved it – that Gabby is something else. So, did Susan sleep with her neighbor? Yes, right?! And poor Mrs. McClusky – so close but yet so far. They cracked me up with those 40’s in the waiting room! LOL I was kind of disappointed in Brothers & Sisters – I mean really – the whole him running away thing was just stupid to me. I did feel for Justin with the moving out thing – that must be so hard….

Today has been a long day. I just don’t sleep good without Austin! And I feel like a single parent - I’m so used to sharing chores and Reuben stuff that it’s a lot to take care of in the morning when you’re without your partner in crime! I weighed 118.5 - so up a touch, no bigs. Work was okay – pretty busy – but it went by QUICK! I walked 3.5 miles during lunch and felt GREAT. I wrapped up work and headed straight back to the gym for another 3.5 miles. Yes – I walked 7 miles today. Why? Because tomorrow I’m going to a new podiatrist. Yes – I’m hopefully going to get some new ideas for how to fix my feet (or right foot rather)! Anyway, I can’t work out during lunch tomorrow and I’m trying to get home earlier (for Reuben) so now I don’t have to do a lot of cardio after work tomorrow! Sigh. I heart planning ahead. I’m back at home now with Reuben watching more Heroes. Love it. Gossip Girls is recording (hate commercials) – can’t WAIT to watch it!! I normally just link to the food I ate, but tonight I must mention my odd dinner – sushi and a pizza muffin! Haha so random. I ate about 5 pieces of sushi and just wasn’t feeling it – was DYING to try this Fennel Seasoning on the muffins my sister told me about. She was right – it was FAB. At the end of the day I had 1,539 calories, 221 carbs and 40 fat grams. Here’s what I ate. I hope you all had awesome Mondays… I can’t believe it’s my first full week back at work – BLAH!

P.S. The family photog was taken of us by me on New Year's Eve. :) I'm ready for him to be HOME!

10 comments:

Neesha and Dustin said...

My fiance and I have been away from each other for two weeks and it's a nightmare so I sympathize! And, if you haven't seen GG just yet...WOW! It was awesome! Esp. the scene on the roof. I'm not a cry-er, but I thought I just might at that moment...

Anonymous said...

cute pic!!
aw man, you reminded me i missed gossip girl. i just recently got into it =)

Big Pissy said...

Don't tell me that's the same lamp from Pottery Barn in your inspiration board?!?!? Be gone, fugly lamp! LOL ;-)

You are just en FUEGO! Look at you and your 7 miles! Woot!

You MUST watch Gossip Girl so we can discuss. It was great!!!!!

p.s. that is just the cutest picture of you and Austin. He's such a doll! :)

Allie said...

I LOVE Desperate Housewives. Good job on the walking. Planning ahead can be a pain, but it is worth it!

fittingbackin said...

Neesha: oh no! I couldn’t go that long. It’s never been more than a week since I was 19 years old! Eek! I watched it last night – loved it! Although me and my mom agree, Rufus was unnecessarily rude to Serena. Not cool. And we heart Daroda!

FMW: Thanks – we look kind of glassy-eyed but what are you going to do? Oh yes – go catch up online – it was a good one. So glad it’s back. :)

Pissy: it’s still on there because I love the looks of it on the board – just no in person – so now I’m trying to find a lamp just like it (size, height, same base, same shade) that isn’t metallic fugliness upon arrival. Thanks! I’m so glad I did it! Now if I just do 2 today I’m on track! I watched it – let’s discuss more this evening! Thanks – I thought it was a cute one, too!!

Allie: me too! I’ve been a fave since it started. I even wrote a paper on it in grad school for my gendered language class. Not kidding! haha Thanks so much – it IS worth it!

Anonymous said...

oh i can watch it online? awesome thanks! =)

Neesha and Dustin said...

Yes...I think he was unnecessarily rude to S, as well. How excruciating was that long break? And the Oh so mysterious comment about NYE? I think GG is the best thing about Mondays.

eurydice said...

you guys are so cute! and i'm digging your comparison photos on the sidebar as well. i taped gg but haven't watched yet.... thrilling!

eurydice said...

you guys are so cute! and i'm digging your comparison photos on the sidebar as well. i taped gg but haven't watched yet.... thrilling!

Big Pissy said...

Don't tell me that's the same lamp from Pottery Barn in your inspiration board?!?!? Be gone, fugly lamp! LOL ;-)

You are just en FUEGO! Look at you and your 7 miles! Woot!

You MUST watch Gossip Girl so we can discuss. It was great!!!!!

p.s. that is just the cutest picture of you and Austin. He's such a doll! :)