This was a pretty good month – coming off the holidays, in gear, ready to move! And with my 1,000-miles in 2009 goal I was all about the cardio! Which, I found, made strength training slip so I need to strike a better balance. Anyway – here goes the assessment.
By the Numbers
Pounds Lost: 4 (119.5 to 115.5)
Highest Weight: 119.5
Lowest Weight: 115
Pounds left to Lose: 2
Days Worked out: 18
Miles of cardio: 88
Great Nutrition Days: 23
Low Nutrition Days: 0
High Nutrition Days: 8
Days out for injury: 0
Days out for vacation: 1 (MLK)
Day worked out during vacation: 1
So not bad! I’m very proud of the weight loss and of the cardio miles!! I think I’m finding a nice balance and am really enjoying it. Here’s a look at how I stacked up to the goals I set for January.
1. Have 9 or less high nutrition days (1,600 – 2,400). I did 8 - not bad at all! I’m very happy with how few I had and think I did a nice job of determining when to go big, and when to stay in line. Yay! DONE
2. Find a house - eek! We did great here! We saw 21. We became friends with our realtor. We’re SO CLOSE to being home owners. So I’m going to carry this one over but am VERY proud of our progress and will say DONE for now.
3. Try two classes at the gym: Body Pump and SPIN. Didn’t happen. AT ALL. :( I’m going to move this one over and vow to do this. Actually – I’ll make it one, Body Pump, I’m so intimidated by the spin peeps at my gym…. Maybe I’ll put that down for March. :)
4. Get down to 115 by the end of the month – and keep it off! Keeping it off has been a challenge. But again, I’ve decided that to maintain 115 I need to get to 113 so I can have a couple pounds to move around in and still be in range. So for now, we'll say DONE but i'll have another for February related to this.
5. Do 84 miles of cardio. Yay – proud to say I smoked my 84 and even did some extra – great cardio month. DONE
6. Introduce 3 new, healthy recipes at home. You guys I get so much from finding these recipes and giving them a whirl! I’m going to shoot for at least 3 more in February! DONE
7. Continue shopping less- and track what I spend each day. This is just not for me right now. I feel like maintaining this blog is so important to me, and so is the house blog. Doing that too was just too much. Maybe once I’m in the house we can start tracking again but in the meantime I accept defeat and will try again another month. :)
8. Update the home blog 4 days/week. This is going very well! I’m getting lots of ideas and really getting all of our ideas on “paper.” Yay! DONE
9. Read three books. I’m just LOVING the book reading – awesome. I plan to shoot for three in February as well. DONE
10. Work on my wedding album. Not happening! Moving to another month when things are less crazy. I’m kind of sad about this but know it will happen in due time and don’t want to force myself to do it if I’m not feeling it, you know?
11. Return or donate things we no longer want/need. Not happening! I need to do it… I lost my motivation. I will move this to February and try hard to do it.
12. Find a new vet for Reuben. Waiting until we buy a house - no sense in getting a vet down here if we move north. End of story. We’ll go to the one I hate in the meantime to keep Reuben up to date. He’s safe there and it’s fine… Austin said he would take him from now on as we both feel the bitchy front desk skanks will remember me. Blah.
Here are my goals for February…
1. Have 7 or less high nutrition days (1,600 – 2,400).
2. Try Body Pump at least once.
3. Take pictures of what I eat at least 3 days/week. eek!
4. Get down to 113 by the end of the month.
5. Do 84 miles of cardio
6. Introduce 3 new recipes
7. Update the home blog 4 days/week.
8. Read two books.
9. Take back stuff we don’t want or donate it.
10. Buy a house – fo’ real!
11. Organize my recipes, print them out and put them in a binder in the drawer by the fridge.
12. Organize my meal plans, print them out and create ‘grocery lists’ for each week.
Wish me luck!!