I met this little gem named Teddy, 4-year old Yorkie with an attitude problem that worked for him 'cause he's SO dang cute with his puppy cut and markings that make him look like a butterscotch-colored pup with a black sweater on - LOVE IT
Spent time with these sweet pups: Abby & Ben
Celebrated this man's birthday - Ed is 90!
Spent time with Austin, naturally!
The random area in the front of the hotel we stayed at. The hotel was nice and I didn't even SEE this until light on Saturday. haha
At lunch - playing with the phone while waiting for our sandwiches
Our rental car - a Ford Focus
The rando bagel place in a converted gas station we found on the way!
Austin liked it!
Me with Austin's family and Ed
The King side + spouses
Austin and his bros!
Yes, they're 7, 8 and 9-years old
For real... haha
Back at home after driving to the airport, flying to Charlottesville, flying to Atlanta, taking Marta and driving home... Reuben was sleepy too!
- Got up at the hotel and took books down for breakfast (cereal; banana; muffin)
- Got ready and headed out at noon... needed lunch... couldn't find anything but found this random "bagelicious" on the way in a converted gas station - GREAT food. (chicken sandwich; another banana; some cool ranch doritos)
- Got out to Palmyra and visited with the family all afternoon (1 to 9). Met two more of Austin's cousins and there significant others, got to visit with Ed (the birthday boy), met a skiddish little pupper named Teddy and of course got to hang out with Austin's fun little bros (they crack me UP; they're 17 and 19 now!). (lots of random stuff; 1/2 beer; glass of white wine; chicken, roll, ceasar salad, mints, shrimp, fruit, veggies, etc. - took FOREVER to track it)
- Headed out at 9 to downtown to a new hotel to see Em & Tim.
- Those sweet peas had SF redbull + vodka on ice for us - love them!
- Chugged a drink or two, refreshed and hit the town - we had SO MUCH FUN catching up, walking around, seeing a few bars, etc. I really enjoyed it.
- Passed out at 3 a.m.
- Ended up at 2,531 calories, 253 carbs and 51 fat grams. Here’s what I ate.
- Woke up at 8 a.m. via wake-up call
- Hit up some other bagel place (I mean really - could there BE more bagel places here) and it was fabulous too! (turkey, lettuce, spicy mustard and swiss on a bagel - heated to perfection)
- Got the airport in record time and hit up the gift shop for water, water and more water. Oh - and for crap including, but not limited to, sweet tarts, skittles, sour starburst gummies, etc. What is wrong with me?
- Read more of my book. O.M.G. Best book i've read in a very long time. Seriously people. PAGE TURNER.
- Flew, landed in DC (awful land - i almost vommed) got a slice of cheese pizza.
- Flew, landed in Atlanta, raced off the plane, on to the marta, and into the car - read the whole way, and got home to my puppy and awesome mother. (made a chicken/pita guac thing)
- Did laundry, cooked food for the week and got in bed and finished the book. Made artichoke/lemon/chicken with rice while watching Law&Order.
- Finished Karin Slaughter's Triptych. OMG. I mean it - what an amazing book. It's a murder mystery - very dark and detailed. The story is told from three perspectives but they're all woven together in intricate, crazy ways and the story is just WOW. I empathized with the characters - I even cried twice. It was just very raw and a wonderful mystery to a satsifying end. I HIGHLY recommend it - woo!
- Mom stayed over so we got to visit and she even folded our laundry and went to the grocery store - SWEET! :)
- Passed out at 11.
- Ended up at 1,933 calories, 43 fat grams and 259 carbs. Here's what I ate.
- Worked & got a lot done!
- Walked 6.5 miles
- Raced home to see Reuben's new 'do! (he spent the day at Unleashed getting groomed/doggy daycare)
- Made Margarita Pizza - SO GOOD
- Met with the roofer to pick new shingles
- Got a quote from the painter for the dining room... too high :(
- Watched more Veronica Mars - why don't they make this show anymore??!!
- Read some magazines - thanks, Mom!
- Ended up at 1,697 calories, 217 carbs and 36 fat grams. Here’s what I ate.
- Here's the recipe for ONE serving:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
4 oz. Trader Joe’s Dough (1/4 of bag)
1 tsp olive oil
3.5 tbsp Naturally Preferred Tomato Sauce
30 grams (1/4 cup) Kroger Fat-Free Mozarella Cheese
14 grams (1/8 cup) Trader Joe’s Fat-Free Feta Cheese
10 grape tomatoes, chopped in half
7 spinach leaves, shredded
2 basil leaves, diced
1 tsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
Garlic salt, Salt and Red Pepper Flakes to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray pan with olive oil fat-free spray. Spread dough on pan with palms of hands and fingers. Once it’s spread to your likeness, spread olive oil on dough. Sprinkle garlic salt, salt and red pepper on dough. Spread sauce over dough, then add cheese. Top with tomatoes and spinach, and put in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add basil and parmesan. Cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into pieces and serve.
Nutritional Information: 432 calories, 65 carbs, 8 fat grams and 21 protein grams.
Clearly - per my eats i'm not practicing with the new food yet, but I have a trip planned for the grocery store this week and am trying to get prepared!