So friends… yesterday was a year of blogging. A year! September 1, 2008, I decided to start tracking and blogging. (here is my first post) I had just come back from the beach and was over
being unhealthy and overweight my clothes being tight! (hence the name, Fitting Back In, was all about fitting back in… to some pricey jeans and dresses that are now too big. Sigh). Anywho, I weighed 136. I ate the same thing over and over. I didn’t track, I drank lots of beer and I was kind of against trying new things to be honest. But I've changed!! See below... and here's some pics, taken the day I started... and about 5 minutes ago with my iPhone!
Before... and after! Sorry - not exactly the same post (and def a different location as that's our old loft in the 'before' shot!)
Before and after - better shot I think!
Before and After - legs. I'm having a hard time seeing a big dif??
Me now (as of today!) at 118 (this morning)
Since starting the blog, I’ve:
- Lost 27 pounds… and gained back 8….What? I never meant to get down to 109! I want to be at 115… or 113. I’m at 117… or 118. Yes, still more work to be done.
- Began doing strength training. Love it – I’m enjoying making up workouts and getting stronger!
- Made a bazillion recipes. Seriously. Hehe Honestly probably around 130?? Either way – loving it, and am working on making a recipe book! (for our purposes only; don’t be alarmed and think I’m
even more ofa crazy person).
- Read. A lot! I found that I can walk and read and chew gum simultaneously and made this a goal because I LOVE to read but sometimes don’t so making a goal and sticking to it has actually been fun!
- Cut down on the beer and welcomed vodka to my life… and SF Redbull. Loves it.
- Posted 297 times. Wowza. (and yes, counting my eager beaver first month of 54 posts. Hehe)
- Walked a lot of miles. A total of 917.5 miles… which (fun math) at 15-minute miles (4 mph) comes out to 229.37 hours or 9.55 days in the last 365 days that I spent on a treadmill… should I be excited or depressed? haha
- Bought a house…. And decorated most of it… and started a home blog…and loved almost every minute of it.
- Traveled a lot – local favorites like
Auburn,the lake, my hometown and , and far away places like Virginia, Vegas and Chicago. Great year! Birmingham
- Worked out a lot…. 218 days out of the year. Go me! hehe
- Stayed happy. With or without the weight, I've had GREAT TIMES with Austin and our friends and family. I love Austin, Reuben, and our life. I'm super happy and am proud of Austin (who lost 35 pounds!)
Yay!!!! Thank you all so much for your support. It's SO much easier to stay on track when I know i'm sharing my experiences with awesome peeps like you guys- who motivate and inspire me to do better and be better. THANK YOU!!
I'll post August's assessment tomorrow along with what's been up these last few days. I'm going to catch up on blog reading tonight - woo!! Thanks again for being such awesome bloggie friends!