Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Story, 6 miles, Night of TV, More Pasta

Hi Friends! Before I back to Tuesday I wanted to let you know that I’ve updated my top sidebar to add a ‘My Story’ tab. I hope it answers some questions, and it was fun for me to put together (some milestones since starting the blog and a few before then like when me and Austin met, when we got baby Reuben, etc.). Here’s the link.


So backing up! Tuesday was a pretty good day! I worked, walked 3 miles during lunch and did abs (burned 175 calories), then worked more. After work it was time to try C25K again… I really wanted to get back to the 25-minute run. (last week could only do 18). I walked for 5 minutes…. Then ran. But could only do 20 minutes straight. Not bad! I kept it going to get to 3 miles in 33.26 minutes burning 190 calories. After work I headed home, showered and then me and Austin went over to Katie and Chris’s for a few drinkies. Great night! I ended up at 2,167 calories, 66 fat grams, 220 carbs and 99 protein grams. Here’s what I ate. I almost forgot – for lunch I had a new little recipe, Italian Pasta Bake, but it was kinda boring so I won’t bother with the recipe. It wasn’t BAD, it just wasn’t super different or special. Basically brown meat, mix spaghetti sauce with an Italian seasoning packing and cooked noodles – put in dish, top with mozzarella and bake – easy peasy!


Yesterday my allergies were out of control. I felt like death!! But I powered through and worked. I did not get to take lunch, work out, etc. – just stayed busy and went to meetings until I could go home and go to bed! Austin brought me dinner in bed – I just hate feeling like that but BLAH not good! I was pretty much a waste of space – just watched my shows (Modern Family – hilarious; Cougar Town – cute; ANTM – I’m over the last few models; Melrose Place – pretty good; 90210 – meh…I’m over Annie; Lost – boo, I didn’t learn anything new). Yes, night of TV for sure! I ended up at 1,784 calories, 54 fat grams, 207 carbs and 111 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.

Did anyone watch Brothers & Sisters this week? Loved the "movie" (aka 2-hour episode - so cute to see them in high school!)

Did I miss anything in the milestones? Any questions your have for me? I felt like I covered lots, especially once the blog got started!

20 comments:

kaneil said...

OMG I cried my eyes out watching Brothers & Sisters. I recorded it and forgot to watch until a coworker told me how good it was. I love that show!

Love your new "my story" page! It's great! So cool to have all of your posts to look back on.

Kaneil

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new page :) xoxoxoox
sara

Mrs. G said...

I'm a new reader and loved reading your story! I'm also trying to get down to 110 - 115 so this is a great read for me. Just curious, how tall are you?

Thanks and great job!

Unknown said...

I have allergy issues too. :( I take a Claritin everyday and it seems to help.

Sunny said...

yep, i loved brothers and sisters this week, one of my fave shows!!! i will head over to check out your new page...

fittingbackin said...

Kaniel: I KNOW - SOOOOO good!! THanks, girl!

Eatmanhattan: thank you!! Need your help for my upcoming trip to NY!

29 for now: Hey!! I'm 5'2" Thank you!! And welcome. :)

Melissa: i'm taking it too - it's like i'm immune! sad!

Sunny: I love it - it's just SO good. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Modern Family--always hilarious. loved the gay couples storyline!

homecookedem said...

Sorry your allergies are bothering you. The pollen is finally starting to get me too. Your pasta dish looks quite yummy!! :)

Gabriela said...

I love, love, love you and Austin's story. I'm such a sucker for happy endings!! Sorry to hear about your allergies...I've heard eating a teaspoon of local, seasonal honey daily can really help a lot!! Hope you've had a great day love :)

Anonymous said...

I don't watch Brothers & Sisters, but I cried when I finally got to watch Biggest Loser when the father won a car for his daughter.

Allergies are the worst - my daughter is starting to get effected this time of year too - yippee for hubs bringing you dinner in bed! :D

Nicole said...

Love your new page!!! Brothers and Sisters is one of my favorite shows :)

Nicole said...

Kelly, After looking at your story I just had too comment again. I love your wedding pictures and your house is beautiful!! Your doing a great job redorating it. Beautiful!! I OMG Reuben he is sooooo precious. I had two yorkies (both died) but was thinking on getting a yorkipoo. Adorable. You and your hubby are a great looking couple. Thanks for sharing. PS Great picture of you and your Mom. My daughter has a blog on "Fit to Wed" Check her out. She just got married. Have a beautiful week and weekend.

Anonymous said...

20 minutes is awesome, girl! Just keep on keepin' on and you're going to be running that 5K in no time!

The pollen is out of control here! My eyes are bright red all day!

Kacy said...

Brothers and Sisters was SOOO good!

And allergies are awful right now!

Anonymous said...

You have the BEST recipes!

I have to take an allergy pill most days.

Anonymous said...

The pasta bake looks good!

angieinatlanta said...

20 minutes is awesome, girl! Just keep on keepin' on and you're going to be running that 5K in no time!

The pollen is out of control here! My eyes are bright red all day!

biz319 said...

I don't watch Brothers & Sisters, but I cried when I finally got to watch Biggest Loser when the father won a car for his daughter.

Allergies are the worst - my daughter is starting to get effected this time of year too - yippee for hubs bringing you dinner in bed! :D

Melissa said...

I have allergy issues too. :( I take a Claritin everyday and it seems to help.

kaneil said...

OMG I cried my eyes out watching Brothers & Sisters. I recorded it and forgot to watch until a coworker told me how good it was. I love that show!

Love your new "my story" page! It's great! So cool to have all of your posts to look back on.

Kaneil