Sunday, September 19, 2010

Great Workout (and leg workout!), Auburn Weekend, Lucky Lady

Thanks you guys! The concert really was a great time! And i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who craves crazy carbs when i'm sleepy OR who dislikes sleeping in the house alone! hahaSo this weekend I had the BEST weekend in Auburn. Why?! Because I got to visit with some of my BEST friends forever who, lucky for me, have become best friends themselves! LOVE IT!!! Case in point: my wedding party.... 9 beautiful ladies that i'm super close with!
Yesterday: me and 5 of my bridesmaids! Monica, me, Lindsey, Teresa, Mary & Megan (expecting her first baby!)!

Who wasn't there? My sis - who thankfully I spent time with last weekend, Emily, who lives in DC, I'll be in her wedding in October - can't wait to celebrate, and my cousins (from my side and Austin's side) Laura and Robyn - who I see pretty regularly! Anywho - I felt like such a LUCKY LADY and had SUCH a good weekend - now let me back up! Friday I felt awful. Just tired and worn down and like I was getting sick – eek! I just worked, and instead of working out I took it easy at lunch and me and Stacy went to Uncle Julio’s for lunch. We even valeted – I felt that bad! We had a nice lunch, chatted a ton of course and split the chicken fajitas – yum! I headed back to work, worked and then, knowing Austin wasn’t coming down to get me until 7 p.m. (to go to Auburn for the weekend), I decided to work out. I was feeling better and was going to DO IT!

At the gym I got on the treadmill and walked ¼ mile at 4 mph, ran 1 ½ mile at 6.3 mph, then walked ¼ mile at 4 mph – 2 miles at 21.51 minutes!

Then I hopped off and did upper body ST:
Sitting, back-to-back: 15 bicep curls, 15 shoulder presses, 15 overhead tricep extensions and (bent over) 15 rows. Over to bench press: 15 chess press. Repeat 3 times.

Then I hopped back on the treadmill and ran for 2 miles (ran at 6.3 mph – then ran ¼ mile at 7.5 mph) – 2 miles at 18.44 minutes!

Then I stretched a bit, before knocking out this lower body workout, I adapted it a bit from The Great Balancing Act. I changed the weights, so that I wouldn’t die, and had to alter the amount of sets because I ran out of time!

Straight Set x5:
Ball squat 10 lbs x 15
16 lbs x 10
20 lbs x 6
16 lbs x 10
10 lbs x 10


Alternating Set x3:
Dumbbell stiff-leg deadlift – 10lbs each hand x 10 reps
Step-up – bodyweight x 15 reps each leg


Alternating Set x3:


Walking
lunge – bodyweight x 20 (10 each leg)
Hamstring curl on ball – 10-15 reps


Alternating Set x3:
Standing calf raise – bodyweight x 15 reps
Side lying leg raise – x 15 reps each leg


This all took me an hour and 20 minutes – GREAT workout! I left a sweaty mess after realizing that the water was out for a mainline repair. No shower for me – ugh! Afterwards, I met Austin and Reuben and we took off for Auburn only to meet Teresa, Forrest, Mary, Jimmy, Monica and Jason at Teresa’s house for a few beers. Perfect end to what turned out to be a great day! I ended up at 1,856 calories, 57 fat grams, 185 carbs and 91 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.


Q: Do you have any leg workouts to share? I haven't done legs in FOREVER - and I can tell. It's time to get serious and trim some inches off these thighs!


Q: If you're married - do you get to see your bridesmaid's a lot? I feel so lucky to see mine as much as I do - love those wonderful ladies!


I'll post more pics of Auburn tomorrow, and of the rest of our fun-filled weekend! And I STILL need to post the quiche recipe - eek! Also, Lee asked about magical margaritas - i'll post that recipe too! Hope you're all having fabulous Sundays! We're in Auburn about to pack up the car and roll back to Atlanta!

14 comments:

Nicky @ Eat, Run, Read said...

Lookin' good for the True Blue game! Did you guys get to go?

Can't wait to see your other pics! We had to watch the game from B Dubs! WDE!

Erica said...

The dress is SO cute! Great pics of you and your ladies. Glad you had fun. Isn't it funny how sometimes a workout can make you feel better? I rarely see my bridesmaids! We're scattered across the country

Tyler said...

Love the dress! Glad your weekend was fun! Love girl time! I can't wait to get it back when I move home.

Tina said...

I don't really talk to 2 of my bridesmaids anymore. The others I see or talk to regularly though. :)

And I'm so glad you had such a fun weekend. It's always good to get together with the girls.

Mica said...

I like the picture of you and your bridesmaids. The wedding photo is super classy!

I'm not married, but I hope that if I have bridesmaids, I will keep in touch with them...?

And as for legs, I'm boring and probably not doing enough--squats (weighted with a bar), alternating lunges, and deadlifts. Boring, I know.

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Love your wedding photo! Gorgeous. Lucky you that all of your friends have become best friends themselves. :) I rarely get to see my bridesmaids. :( (Thank goodness for FB though!) Can't wait to read about what leg workouts some of your readers do.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I just kinda do what I want with leg weights, so if you get some good recs you better share! :)

I email with my bridesmaids a lot but they're pretty spread out (DC, Atlanta, Columbus OH, and Seattle) so I don't get to see them as much as I would like. :(

Also, Hubs and I were super glad to see Auburn pull out the win last night. GO SEC! I just wish our game had worked out that well... maybe next weekend!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Beautiful pictures!! You all look so happy and healthy. I haven't seen most of my bridesmaids in ages - I need to call them!

Gabriela said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend!! I'm all about leg extensions. The more you run, the more important they are- it helps to strengthen your knees and prevent injuries!! Hope you have a great start to your week!

Kacy said...

Sorry your weren't feeling well Friday. I wasn't either but mine was a hangover :)

Cindy said...

Such cute tailgate pics!!

Kacy said...

Sorry your weren't feeling well Friday. I wasn't either but mine was a hangover :)

Cindy said...

Such cute tailgate pics!!

Kacy said...

Sorry your weren't feeling well Friday. I wasn't either but mine was a hangover :)