Friday, October 22, 2010

New Recipe, 7 Miles, Off to Auburn

So I guess you're right.... it wasn't a total fail! It was tasty, I just know next time I need a bit less stuffing. hehe I'm going to try, try again next week so stay posted for a yummy recipe! Also, sounds like i'm not the only Cabot fan! Yesterday was a pretty good day! I slept LOTS like 10 p.m. to 7:45 a.m. - GREAT sleep. I woke up feeling 95% - nice! I worked and got a bunch of stuff done, then walked 4 miles during lunch. After lunch I worked some more, then hit the library for some new audio books and walked another 3miles. This time, Austin came with me! He hasn't worked out in about 6 months but says he's ready to get back into the gym. I think he was too busy with the new job, but now he's coming around to the idea that the gym may give him extra energy and if nothing else it will get him out of the house! (new job= work from home) After the gym, I made a new, easy recipe from Real Mom Kitchen. Here goes:

Chili Bean Supreme

Makes 4 Servings

1 can Hormel Turkey Chili with beans – 98% fat free
1 can Trader Joe’s fat-free refried beans
2 oz. cabot 75% reduced fat cheese, grated, divided
4 flour large/burrito sized tortillas

In a medium pot, combine chili and refried beans. Heat over medium and stir until well mixed. Turn off heat. Scoop one quarter of bean mixture (200 grams) onto the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with grated cheese (14 grams each). Fold tortilla into burrito. Place on a George Foreman sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Eat plain or with salsa and sour cream.

Nutritional Information (not including toppings): 451 calories, 69 carbs, 8 fat grams and 25 protein grams.

Review: Loved it! So easy to make and very filling. Austin added green salsa to his, I had mine "plain" and thought it had plenty of flavor! Nice to get chili 'surprise' bites since it really blended well and tasted very 'beany.' I'll definitely eat this again - too easy not to!

After dinner we did some laundry, dishes and packed up for another fun-filled weekend in Auburn! This weekend we play LSU, who, like Auburn, is undefeated 7-0. Should be a GREAT game!

Q: Do you work out with your significant other?

Q: What are you doing this weekend?

28 comments:

Kelly Pearce said...

Have fun in Auburn, wish we were going but Ryan is studying for the last weekend before his test... I would love it if he would come to the gym with me... maybe Austin can influence him to work out!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Have fun this weekend! We were supposed to go but things just didn't line up right. Im so bummed! Cant wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I like to workout together when we can. Our work schedules are different (I go early and get home early...he's the opposite). But I love it when we can! He motivates me to push harder!

The burrito looks great! Have fun at the game! We were supposed to go to Knoxville for the UT/Alabama game, but Andrew's working on Saturday :( ugh!

hbobier said...

Have a great weekend in Auburn! And I still love how you get to take walks during lunch--what a great break!

Erica said...

Good for Austin! And what a great workout partner he has ;) Josh and I on occasion go to the gym together- I always enjoy it. The chili bean supreme looks like the jam. Love Mexican inspired dishes. have fun with the game! I have a ton on my plate this weekend (all good stuff) including going to the Tosh tour!

Pam said...

The burrito looks great!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Family is in town so we are going to take them all around town!!! The food looks delicious! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Anonymous said...

What an easy and great recipe! I'll be making this one for Mike.

I workout alone and like it that way.

I'm just chillin' this weekend :) Mike's friends from Austin are in town so its boys weekend.

lee said...

Have fun this weekend!

Jason and I sometimes go to the gym together. He goes through phases of working out a lot and not working out at all.

Joanne said...

I think it's so great that you're getting Austin involved in your workouts! Spread the love :P

This chili/bean combo sounds awesome! I would love to stuff that in between some tortillas!

Kacy said...

That will be a good game! I will def be rooting for Auburn, I don't like LSU haha.

jaime said...

Oooh, I think I will have to make this burrito! Love your blog by the way! ;)

Ameena said...

My husband hasn't worked out since...ever. So no, we don't exercise together unfortunately! I can often get my 5-year-old to do yoga with me though so hopefully she'll be following in my footsteps and not her father's!

Biz said...

I love the chili/bean wrap! I would be like Austin and have the green chile sauce on top.

Have a fun weekend - I always look forward to your weekend recaps!

Nicky @ Eat, Run, Read said...

So jealous that you get to be in Auburn for the game!

I'll be watching it via Skype from France! (Isn't technology great?) War Cam Eagle!!!

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

That burrito looks so good! I think I actually have everything to make one too! We are hanging out with friends and family all weekend, so I am looking forward to it. Have a great weekend!

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

That burrito looks good and so easy too!

Hubby sometimes goes for a 3 mile walk with me but that is it! I work out by myself but I like it that way.

We are staying home and having a quiet weekend!

Kelly Olexa said...

First question,I have no significant other. I'm my own significant other haha! My plans for this weekend are to finish the final edits for my book and JUST RELAX finally. This is my first weekend at home in like a month and I am thrilled. It's rainy and chilly outside, perfect weather to stay in and veg out with some movies and my DVR plus 200 magazines I have yet to read from being on the road so much.!!!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Omg. My mouth is watering for that burrito!!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Omg. My mouth is watering for that burrito!!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Omg. My mouth is watering for that burrito!!!

Gabriela said...

The BF and I run together sometimes, but it usually ends in both of us frustrated- me because he's too fast, and him because I'm not fast enough. He's a speed demon!!

haute.teapot said...

Oy I really have to avoid checking out food blogs at night--that burrito looks delish! I used to workout with my ex sometimes and then I surpassed him in how much I hit the gym. And my weekend was good--pumpkin carving party with friends!

Jenni said...

Omg. My mouth is watering for that burrito!!!

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dair said...

That burrito looks so good! I think I actually have everything to make one too! We are hanging out with friends and family all weekend, so I am looking forward to it. Have a great weekend!

Joanne said...

I think it's so great that you're getting Austin involved in your workouts! Spread the love :P

This chili/bean combo sounds awesome! I would love to stuff that in between some tortillas!

redhead75 said...

What an easy and great recipe! I'll be making this one for Mike.

I workout alone and like it that way.

I'm just chillin' this weekend :) Mike's friends from Austin are in town so its boys weekend.

Blogger said...

There is an amazing new opportunity that is growing in popularity online.

Large companies are paying average people for giving their opinions!

You can make anywhere up to $5 - $75 per survey!

This is available to anybody in the world!