Thursday, December 23, 2010

Our Last Day at Beaver Creek, My first Skate Experience, Ski School with my Father-In-Law

Thanks you guys!! I can't say it enough - we really are having the best time! Only bad things? I feel WAY behind in reading your blogs - i'm keeping up a bit but not commenting enough, I feel behind at work, and I miss my fam and our buds! Yesterday was a good day and a bad day. Basically, Austin woke up and his knee was worse so he sat out the morning. I was immediately nervous because his dad and brothers are double black diamond skiers. Me? A solid blue skier. So… he stayed in and I headed out with his dad and brothers. It ended up working out great! His bros did their own thing in the a.m. and I followed his dad all over Beaver Creek, and really improved my skiing! I joked that it was “ski school with Paul” but it really was – I felt so much more confident! We worked more on turns and speed and by the end of the day I was on a black. No falls and it felt GREAT! We met Austin and his mom at lunch at the Ritz on the mountain and really enjoyed it. Yummy half turkey wrap with a cup of bison chili. Fabulous. The sun was out, we even ate outside and listened to the band. Yes, an outdoor band. It was awesome. Austin skied with us the rest of the day and it really seemed that he was better. We skied until the lifts closed, headed back, showered, had some wine, then headed to dinner at the Westin Restaurant Avondale, a shuttle ride away. Dinner was great and I had skate for the first time, it was a really yummy fish and tasted like a more flavorful tilapia. I even had dessert – gelato! It was awesome. After dinner I read like 20 pages of my book and passed out. Another great day here in Colorado – although I wish Austin was 100%! :( Here's some pics:

The Ritz at the base of Beaver Creek
Loved all of the welcome signs
The fam at the Ritz
Austin and his dad on the mountain - the views were insane
Austin's adorable parents at the Ritz after lunch
Me and Austin's bros, Tyler and E - yes, i'm representing Auburn!
These random guys who came down the mountain shirtless with santa hats on - someone lost a bet
Me and Austin after lunch at the Ritz, about to go ski!
Loved the outdoor band! Great ambiance for lunch - and couldn't believe it was so sunny we ate outside comfortably! It was SO much colder in Chicago than it is here!
Me and Michelle on our way to dinner (Austin snapped candids)
Me and Austin at dinner at the Westin
Beautiful Westin lobby
Austin took pics of us through the fire - pretty cool shots
Back to beaver creek - the village is SO pretty
Me following Paul everywhere. LOL I got so much video and photos just following him around!
The boys - Austin, his bros and his dad
Q: Have you ever had skate? If so, did you like it? My first skate experience was awesome!

Q: Do you have a favorite fish? I love salmon, grouper, trout, tilapia, mahi mahi… well most fish, really. I just think it has so much flavor. It’s like chicken on crack.

4 comments:

Josie @Skinny Way Of Life said...

so pretty!! I would love to go skiing or snowboarding! I probably would break my face but it would be worth it! hahaha Oh and I'm a huge Salmon lover!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut said...

It's so beautiful where you are, so picturesque. Keep the pretty pictures coming :)

It looks like it's colder here in Southern California that where you are too.

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Lea @ Healthy Coconut said...

It's so beautiful where you are, so picturesque. Keep the pretty pictures coming :)

It looks like it's colder here in Southern California that where you are too.

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Josie said...

so pretty!! I would love to go skiing or snowboarding! I probably would break my face but it would be worth it! hahaha Oh and I'm a huge Salmon lover!