Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coffee Thoughts, Book Club, New Protein-Packed Recipe

LOVED your coffee thoughts. I agree - it's pricey fo SHO at $4.50 a drink. And, I should def wait on a machine. I will say that I enjoyed the coffee and could see it being more of a once-a-week-treat, pick-me-up kind of thing for the Latte - but if I enjoy something daily or more frequently, I need to find a cheaper alternative to my espresso fix. :) I'm just glad i'm no longer drinking monsters or red bulls. Not that I drank them a lot or anything but they're really not good during the week if you know what I mean!

So Wednesday was pretty busy. The day was gross and rainy. I got a ton of work done. I used my lunch to hit up sports authority for another pair of capris for spin, Trader Joe's for party food, Kroger for normal food and the post office to mail some stuff out. Then it was just more work. I got home, had dinner, then headed over to book club at Karly's! I was a bad book club member this month - hadn't read the book! BUT it was great to see Karly, Crystal, Emily, Devon, Danielle, Jackie, Monica and Stephenie - great group of girls and Karly made an amazing spread - can't wait for her to share her recipes! Wish we'd taken a group pic though - oops!

Speaking of recipes... I have another one to share!

Three-Cheese Chicken Florentine
Adapted from Cooking Light
Makes 6 servings

Nutritional Information: 426 calories, 44 carbs, 8 fat grams and 44 protein grams.


Q: Have you ever cooked with cottage cheese? This recipe uses it and it was my first time cooking with it. I was VERY impressed - will definitely use it again!

Q: Do you read Better Homes & Gardens? I just got my first copy of it... WOW... I rip out pages that I want to read again and there isn't much left of the magazine I pulled out so much! I can't wait to try some of the recipes and home organization ideas.

No comments: