Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm not a Freak of Nature, Friday Funny


Thought i'd start out with a Friday funny! hehe This one just cracks me up, partially because i'm a HUGE Star Wars fan! (and a huge blunt card fan!) So, after Monday's spin class I was like what's the deal? I'm sweating hard and working hard, but i'm not feeling the resistance as much. I asked you all, thinking you would say, "yeah, it's not that much of a difference, it's normal to not feel it." Instead I heard, in summary, "crank it up! Something must be wrong! Resistance is killer!" I had it all the resistance all the way to the top at some points so I knew something had to be wrong, or that I was a freak of nature.

Well friends, I'm not a freak of nature. I took a class yesterday during lunch and was SWEATING BULLETS. When I moved it to 5 I thought I would die. Like my legs were on fire and I was dripping sweat all over the machine. YESSSS amazing workout. If only i'd had my new HRM (which will be in tomorrow... yes, I lost the watch to my last one SAD). So, it's official, spin kicks my ass. And I love it. After the hour-long class I raced home and got back to work, then shower time, then pre-party-planning time, and a few games of pool with Austin. Great family night and fun night in the kitchen!

Q: Do you prefer to work out with an HRM? I just think that I work harder to see the calorie numbers jump, AND when I'm done I just feel like I accomplished more when I know better how much I burned.

Q: Is there a way to test the bike first to see if it has resistance? I saw some people that may have been doing that - but I wasn't sure??

No comments: