Saturday, March 12, 2011

St. Patty's Dessert Recipe, 2 Home Tips

My Friday was pretty blah! I just worked, ran errands through lunch, worked more, then headed home to do party stuff with Austin! We got a lot done, hung out, then I read some and called it a night, hoping to get up early to go to body pump and spin.

Today I woke up in time to attend, but I had a massive head ache. I took an advil thinking i'd nap for 15 minute minutes.... then I woke up at 10 a.m. After the classes. I guess it wasn't in the cards for me to attend! Now i'm getting ready to have some of our best friends over to celebrate St. Patricks Day! The actual St. Patrick's Day is my sister's due date to my first nephew. It's also my brother-in-law's birthday - he'll be 19. CRAZY. I met him when he was 9. Oy.

Everyone is going to be here soon, but I wanted to share this St. Patrick's day event dish. No, it's not healthified. But it is fun and festive so I thought i'd share!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
Makes 36 cookies

Review: Wow. It's like a chocolate thin mint. Move over girl scouts - i've met your match. I had a half of one of these and was pretty dang impressed with myself (j/k - it's a super easy recipe). I'll definitely make this again and could see this recipe being used again for sure! Probably a fun one for kids, too. :)


K, off to go enjoy a beer fest in my backyard! I will leave you with these two home tips I LOVE.

Have a vase? Need a place to put toilet paper? Real Simple says go for it. I think it's awesome. I plan to bring a roll of TP to Home Goods and pick up a $7 vase for our guest room and master bath. This way Remy can't take them out of the basket and make them her chew toys. Double oy.
I have SO many of these organizer things for paper and they're CHEAP. So smart to stack in pans, cutting boards, etc. Granted, it only works if you have deep/high cabinets, but it's worth a shot if you do. (another tip found on Real Simple)

Q: What do you think about green cookies? At first I was like that's kinda gross. But, now i'm more like it's yummy, it's festive, let's do the damn thing!

Q: Are you already doing either of the tips above? What's your favorite thing to repurpose?

No comments: