Monday, March 28, 2011

Greek Stuffed Chicken, Cardamom?, Lazy Sunday

Happy Monday! It's pouring rain here - EW. Even though I left the house SUPER early (like 45 minutes earlier than normal) I still barely got in in time. XOXO Atlanta Traffic!! Grrrr. So last night my slackass did not try the new anti-aging product. I also didn't pay the bills, visit Macy's for a few gifts, make labels for the top of the spice jars, apply for my cruise card or finish a video i'm working on. Sunday was spent doing very little, a load of laundry, some dishes, some reading, watching 6 episodes of Greek and making a meal plan/grocery list. We did make it out of the house to Yogli Mogli and Publix, which turned into a quick trip the Indian grocer for cardamom, which was $10 at Publix but only $5 at the Indian grocer = nice. I couldn't find it ground anywhere so I guess i'll be doing this. The things I will do to make Indian recipes in the comfort of my home. Bring on the meat tenderizer! Regardless of my lazy Sunday, I DO have a recipe to share as I cooked up a storm last week!

Greek Stuffed Chicken with Lemon Orzo
Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 421 calories, 45 carbs, 8 fat grams and 43 protein grams.

Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen! I was SUPER happy with this one - mostly because it tasted unhealthy. Love that. And I think orzo is the bomb. It combines two of my loves - for pasta and rice! :)

Q: What is something you now do with food that you never thought you'd do in a million years? I have so many! Memorable ones include: cutting my first butternut squash for fries - three hours later I ate the fries haha; working with grains like quinoa, couscous, arborio rice, etc.; making dishes like risotto and lasagna (these used to terrify me); and even little things like cutting my first avocado (yes, friends - I had never had an avocado until I started blogging!). TRUE STORY.

Q: Have you ever cooked with cardamom? This stuff better be good because methinks it's going to be a pain!

No comments: