Monday, March 14, 2011

Sweets for a Saturday, New Rainbow/Meatless Recipe, My So-Called Life

"So many people decorate to impress, but my favorite houses have life in their rooms. There are animals. You can tell the owners throw parties." I saw this quote in my new Country Living magazine and just loved it. At first I was like animals?! What? I thought giraffes, zebras, monkeys. Then I was like oh... pets; pets are animals. I have animals! hehe And I love to throw parties (as evidenced by our beer fest past weekend) - such a good time. I just loved the quote and it made me smile, as did your comments on our pics. :) We really do enjoy hosting, helping our friends host, throwing and attending parties - just celebrating!! That's what it's all about sometimes.

Another thing that made me smile was this - a Sweets for a Saturday round up! She makes it SO easy to link up your dessert - and has a round up of more than 260 awesome looking desserts. If you're in need, go check out what these bloggers are baking! I entered my St. Patty's cookies - and saw that at least two other bloggers posted the same or similar ones - great minds think alike!

So my Sunday was pretty much spent resting and relaxing with the family. After throwing together a yummy (and SIMPLE) breakfast (which i'll post later this week), I just played some Dance Central, read magazines, watched seven a couple of My So-Called Life episodes and made this amazing pasta salad.

Pasta Salad with Tomatoes & Blue Cheese
Adapted from Fitness Magazine
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 381 calories, 59 carbs, 16 fat grams and 12 protein grams.

Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Do you like blue cheese? I think it's a love or hate thing. I love it! Austin? Not so much. :(

Q: Is there a TV show from your 'younger years' you're still obsessed with? I'm still VERY addicted to Friends, My So-Called Life, SATC, Buffy... and am mildly addicted to Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls and Felicity as well. Why oh why did these shows ever go off the air? Sigh.

No comments: