Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Dane, Book Review, Movie Review, Recipe!

Thank you guys SO MUCH on your sweet comments on our new kitchen business center! I'm still getting used to putting items in there! I'll let you know if we make changes, add buckets, etc. Before I backtrack to yesterday I HAVE to share this picture of me and my new favorite person in the world - my nephew Dane! This photo was taken when he was about 2 hours old by his talented dad, Zach!
Here's one more, I can't resist! (he's a few days old here!)
EEEE! My sis posted the Facebook album yesterday and I just love, love loved so many! I couldn't wait to share them here - I'm just so happy for them and love this little fella. :)

So yesterday was very chill. I slept in at Danielle's until 11:30. What?! How rude am I? haha I had gotten up at 8 a.m. to use the restroom and everyone was sleeping so I settled back in and then boom, it was 11:30!! I blame Danielle and her cozy guest room with the high-quality curtains blocking out the light and the tower fan for white noise - i'm just glad I didn't sleep longer! LOL Needless to say I felt totally discombobulated and where-in-the-eff-did-my-day-go for a while, as I headed home had breakfast well after lunch time, played with the pups, and watched bad TV while working on this week's new recipes. We then hit up Yogli Mogli for some fro yo, publix for nonstick cooking spray (hate running out of that!), BB&B for a wedding gift, Macy's to return some stuff, Dilliard's for Austin to use a gift card and Z Gallerie to peruse the art. "Nice little Sunday." I also finished a book - Elizabeth Berg's Say When. The book focuses on the Griffin's - husband Griffin, his wife Ellen and daughter Zoe. The book starts out, like Page 1, with Griffin admitting that he knows about his wife's affair. Then it pretty much falls into a will they/won't they get divorced. It's interesting because it's told from the father's perspective, but it's also very sad as you see that they do still love each other, but have just not really worked on maintaining their relationship/marriage. It was a quick read, as I really wanted to see how it would end. I must say I liked it. I liked it mostly because I didn't particularly like either character. They were human. They were flawed. At times I was like "OMG, I'm so embarrassed for you, you have no pride," but it was like heck, i'd probably do that... but I wouldn't tell anybody! So it was definitely an inside look at a crumbling marriage. I give it a 3.5/5. It would have been higher if the character's were a bit more likable and if the ending had been less predictable.

Lastly, I prepared these - tis the season for DIY Fruit Cups! This is an old picture - I used to make these all the time and just kind of let it fall off my radar. But they're back!
Nutritional Information: 123 calories, 37 carbs and 1 fat gram.

Visit Healthified Kitchen for the recipe. Well, it's not really a recipe I guess, but it's a break down of what I included and how much of each (so kind of a recipe?) - whatever - yum! I'm trying to focus on fruit, beach trips, concert season, etc. so I can avoid dwelling on the miserable heat to come and the allergies i'm already suffering from - BLEH!

We also watched the movie, The Joneses. I had meant to watch this sooner but really liked it. Interesting to see Demi and David acting together - I hadn't watched anything with them in a while. I thought the movie was a fun, clever twist on materialism and a lot of it was sadly very true. Basically, the "family" is a group of sales/marketing people who are walking, talking testimonials on products. They "push" everything from Ethan Allen furniture to Audis - all on their unsuspecting neighbors. Yes, parts were far-fetched. Perhaps some areas of the story were slow. Regardless, I enjoyed it. Mostly because I've seen it happen in real life (oh - so-and-so has that, let's get it, too - and then it snowballs. The only difference is, was so-and-so being paid to want you to have it? Interesting...)

Q: Do you sleep in? I never sleep in anymore - I mean you know, 9:30 or 10 at the latest. I'm just glad I didn't sleep past noon - eek!

Q: Have you seen the Joneses? If so, what did you think of it?

Q: Favorite fruit? If I could ONLY choose one i'd go with strawberries. But i'd REALLY miss grapes, pineapples, apples, oranges, and bananas. I'm not a melon girl though - the melons could go away. (sorry, friends!). :)

No comments: