Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday Two-a-Days, Chipotle Chicken & Rice

THANK YOU for your sweet, sweet comments on my nephew Dane - he is such a doll and I seriously can't be happier for my sis and bro-in-law with their perfect baby boy! I love how many of you are aunts (and some who just recently became them - congrats, Tyler!). On another note, you early risers truly put me to shame - wow! I'm working on it. I really am. For instance, yesterday I was bound and determined to start my week on the right foot - at a Monday 6 a.m. spin class! I got my stuff ready Sunday night, slept until 5:30 a.m., and got up and hit the gym. I made it, but the instructor didn't. BOO. He had a 102 temperature so the front desk was telling spin participants to feel free to use the room/equipment/etc. Well, I got in the class and some of the "regulars" had gotten the music going and we all kind of made this one girl a defacto instructor. At first I was like this is kind of cool, but I couldn't tell if I was working too hard or not hard enough - after 30 minutes of spinning and 243 calories burned I decided to do something else. So I headed out to the treadmill, walked 1/4 mile at 4 mph, ran 3/4 mile at 6.3 mph, and walked 1/4 mile at 4 mph. Then it was time for abs. I did this workout: ignore the February - it worked in April too LOL

The abs, treadmill workout and spinning took a little under an hour. HRM said: 53 minutes, 400 calories, 8 fat-burning minutes, 45 fitness minutes, average HRM 146, max HRM 185. Then I got ready at the gym, worked until lunch, then took lunch to work out with Stacy. I walked 1.75 miles (to take my total to 3), and did these bicep and tricep exercises:

Yes, after that I was officially pooped! Why two-a-days on a Monday? I knew I had a lunch meeting Tuesday and plans after work so there you go - had to plan for it! When I got home I had some raw chicken, pre-diced in a container that I had to use before it went bad, so I went ahead and whipped this up - Chipotle Chicken & Rice!

Chipotle Chicken and Rice
Adapted from a Dinners for a Year and Beyond Recipe
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 374 calories, 42 carbs, 4 fat grams and 37 protein grams.


After dinner I was pretty much exhausted - like in my PJs, day is over at 8 p.m. LOL Me and the fam just watched some TV and called it an early night!

Q: Do you ever do two-a-days? Do you like them? Why or why not? I love them as far as getting in my workouts when I otherwise can't, but I do hate when they drain me so much!

Q: Do you have a healthified Spanish rice recipe? I've tried a couple before and never found anything worthy! This one is so subtle - i'd love to have one a bit more authentic!

No comments: