Monday, April 25, 2011

Beautiful Easter Sunday, Deviled Eggs Recipe, Family Pics

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had great weekends and can't thank you enough for your monster ideas - I am determined to try again! We had an awesome weekend: In case you missed anything and want to check back:
Anywho! So yesterday we woke up around 7 a.m. and began getting ready for our visitors - my sister, brother-in-law, new 1-month-old nephew Dane, mother, and Austin's mom, dad and brother were all coming over! Enter one 'that good salad', one chicken lasagna, one beef lasagna, roasted garlic and tomato crostini, a cheese/cracker tray and a new recipe, Bacon-Balsamic Deviled Eggs!

Bacon-Balsamic Deviled Eggs
Recipe adapted from My Bizzy Kitchen and Recipe Girl
Makes 24 appetizers

Nutritional Information (each appetizer): 43 calories, 1 carb, 3 fat grams and 3 protein grams. (could have 2 for a under-100 calorie snack!).


The food went quick, and my mom brought a great cheese-cake, Austin's mom brought yummy mini cakes and Devon brought the awesome strawberry "pink stuff." So many great desserts! K - enough about the food, here are some pictures from our pretty day!

me and Austin
The babies in the family - Eliot and Remy
Devon, me and our mom
The Martins - Austin, me, Paul, Michelle and E (and Reuben!)
The new parents - I can't believe little Dane is already one month old!
Beautiful family
Baby Dane's Easter photo shoot (behind the scenes!)

We ate outside - so nice! Loved the new cushions
Our first year hosting - Austin spent a lot of time in the yard!

He loves the new knock out roses - we can't wait for them to get big!
Speaking of getting big - so good to see our little nephew - he's perfect!

After the families headed out I did a bit of work, then we headed over to the gym for 2 miles (1 mile running at 6.3 mph; 1 mile walking at 4 mph) and abs. I like working out with Austin on the weekend. :) HRM said: 47 minutes, 310 calories; 47 fat-burning minutes and 20 fitness minutes; Average HR: 134 and max HR: 202.

Q: Did you have a beautiful Sunday? We were so glad to enjoy the weather and to spend it with our families - perfect day!

Q: Do you like deviled eggs? Have you ever made them before? I'm fascinated by them - I want to make them all the time now!!

No comments: