Thursday, April 7, 2011

What Gets Up Must Fall Down; New Pad Thai Recipe

Eeeee thank you guys so much for sharing your food firsts! I LOVED reading them and so many were ones I haven't tried yet so thanks for the ideas. I see (yet another) list coming - ingredients to try! :) So yesterday I rose early and took a spin class. Yes, yes I did. I also hit up Trader Joe's and preceded to bust my ass on the stairs. In a dress. Groceries everywhere. Total "TV show moment." Only thing that would have made it more of a TV show moment would have been if I was single and the person who helped me wound up being my husband. awwww But no, I'm happily married and was helped by a stay-at-home-mom who, after pulling groceries off of me one by one and helping me up, insisted on helping me to my car and loading it. What a sweet lady! YES, I'm fine, thankfully - I don't even know what happened. One minute I was walking, then I was on my butt with my groceries in my lap. SO. freaking. embarrassing.

Q: When's the last time you fell? Mine was definitely when I was skiing. You know, when it's normal. The time before that was probably two years ago, again, ice was involved. Before that, it was all ice or alcohol. Again, totally acceptable. LOL

Moving on, or backwards rather. So I got up early. Not on purpose. Was "planning" on "maybe" trying this next week. But I got up at 4:30 a.m. and just tossed and turned, couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up at 5, got my stuff together and rolled. I found out great things:
  1. The class is M-F at 6 a.m. - not just M, W and F.
  2. I had a bagel thin/fat-free cream cheese - perfect to get me going!
  3. There were plenty of bikes, so no need to fly there and save a bike.
  4. Definitely didn't have any traffic; it took me exactly 15 minutes to get there (and it's 3 minutes from my office).
  5. I got ready quickly - and actually left the gym at 7:40 a.m. giving me time to go by Publix before work at 8 a.m.
  6. I need to get a hanging toiletry bag - mine got full of water. :( I also need to find my second flat iron - don't want to take my best/new one and my third one (that I brought yesterday) is officially kaput and didn't work well. Sigh.
Q: What are your getting-ready-at-the-gym must-haves? I brought my towels, a pair of shower flops and my 'get ready' stuff - I def need to get a hanging bag. I also brought a hanger and hung my towels on it when I left so they wouldn't get gross in my bag all day. Any ideas are welcomed!!

After the class I just worked, used my lunch hour to visit Ikea and the aforementioned Trader Joe's, worked more, then headed straight home for family time. I also made this new recipe - Pad Thai!!

Pad Thai
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Stephanie Cooks

Nutritional Information: 394 calories, 47 carbs, 7 fat grams and 32 protein grams.


Q: Pad Thai: yay or nay? Ever cooked with rice noodles? I love them - it was my first time. Yes, another food first for me! :)

No comments: