Friday, May 6, 2011

BEST New Taco Recipe, Bizzy Kitchen

Thanks you guys! I love, love, love the new swim suits! Hated the shopping, but the suits are worth it and they've definitely gotten me more motivated to track and just make better choices. Now that i'm tracking i'm realizing how out of control I had gotten - WAY too many 'empty' snacks. WOW. Anywho, how was your cinco de mayo?! I had a great May 5! I got up early and made a new breakfast recipe from My Bizzy Kitchen - Egg & Bean Breakfast Nachos.

LOVED - recipe to come - must share Cinco de Mayo recipe today. :) After our fabulous breakfast, I just worked, took my lunch break to visit with Jennifer and her 5-week old baby boy Brady. He's such a little doll. I loved seeing her - such a natural mom and so happy, and meeting him. He even smiled and did the finger grip - eee! After my fun visit it was back to work, then to the grocery store and then me and Austin hit up the gym. I walked 1.5 miles at 4 mph and ran 1.5 miles at 6.3 mph, then did abs. HRM said: 53 minutes, 370 calories;16 fat-burning minutes and 37 fitness minutes; avg HR 140 and max HR: 179. Then we went home for a very, very mild cinco de mayo - I made a new recipe for the occasion.

Best Ever Chicken Soft Tacos
Recipe adapted from My Bizzy Kitchen Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 421 calories, 37 carbs, 6 fat grams and 51 protein grams.

These were amazing. So flavorful and tangy - we loved the kick. I'd never used chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - I can't wait to find more recipes with it. I've also never cooked with orange juice but it added such a nice citrus zing. I can't WAIT to eat the leftovers and to make this again - AMAZING! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen! And yes, I made two My Bizzy Kitchen recipes today - I'm such a fan! I also made this one:
It's a Mexican Bake with Cilantro-Lime cream. This pic is dark, and sans cream. I'll definitely take another one with the cream on top!

Q: How did you celebrate Cinco De Mayo? We ate our tacos and each had a beer - we're SUCH rock stars.

Q: What's your favorite 'taco' ingredient? These were made with lots of great stuff like orange juice, yellow mustard and Worcestershire sauce. They're SERIOUSLY my fave - can't wait to eat them again! (and use this same mix for taco salads, in casseroles, etc.)

No comments: