Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Cardio Evolution, New Meatless Recipe, Visit to Auburn

Happy Sunday! I hope you're all having great, relaxing, beautiful weekends! Mine has been lovely! First things first, this weekend I updated my cardio page. Poor thing was all over the place from when I first started treadmill walking, to my C25K workouts to my new spinning fun. As I was updating it I noticed that each year sort of had a theme. 2009, my first full year of blogging, was all about walking 1,000 miles. I did it! In 2010, I decided to try running and knocked out C25K - I loved it! I struggled throughout the year with a foot injury, got better, than worse, than better, then finally decided to heed my podiatrist's advice and mix it up. Enter spin - which has now become a regular part of my routine. And i'm still walking. And running. I feel so much better having something new to rotate in, and I know my feet are LOVING it as I've had no foot pain since I've been switching it up, but have still been able to run up to 1.5 miles straight. I'm going to start adding a couple of minutes each week and see how that foot reacts. Slow and steady wins the race!

Aside from updating my cardio page, I updated my recipe blog with this new one!

Vegetable Tortellini Soup
Recipe Adapted from For the Love of Cooking
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 372 calories, 47 carbs, 12 fat grams and 19 protein grams.

in the pan!

Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

So how was your weekend? Friday I just worked, went to Chequers seafood grill for lunch with Stacy and Melissa, then worked more. After work I took a 5:30 p.m. spin class and then ran a mile! It ended up being 45 minutes of spin and 10 minutes of running and 4 minutes of walking - HRM said: 60 minutes, 477 calories; 53 fitness minutes and 7 fat-burning minutes; Average HR 151; Max HR: 227. Then I quickly hopped in the shower, raced home, picked up the family and we were off to Auburn to see Teresa and Forrest! We met up with them that night at Maggie's baby shower/announcement - she's having a girl! Then we had a couple of beers with their neighbors and called it a night. Saturday we had a yummy breakfast then me and Teresa hit the gym. I walked 1/2 mile, then ran a mile. Then we did legs:
  • paper plate reverse lunges (10 per leg)
  • paper plate side lunges (10 per leg)
  • paper plate burpees (10)
  • Bench prop-ups on knees (10)
  • Bench prop-ups in push up position (5)
  • Squats (20)
  • Calf raises (20)
  • Repeat 2 times for a total of 3 times
Then we hopped back on the treadmill - I walked 1/2 mile then ran a 1/2 mile. WOO - great workout! HRM said: 53 minutes, 450 calories; 43 fitness minutes and 10 fat-burning minutes; 156 average HR and 187 max HR. GREAT workout! The rest of the beautiful day was spent shopping in downtown Auburn, eating fro-yo outdoors, planning her upcoming 30th birthday, having a few drinkies, and a game night with the boys (who were golfing during our adventures!). WONDERFUL Saturday with our besties - such a fun day!

Q: What was the highlight of your weekend?

Q: How has your cardio evolved?

No comments: