Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Shorts, New Asian-Inspired Recipe

Yay! So many of us have gardens - LOVE IT! I can't wait to grow more - and we found a second tomato - woo! Also, thanks for all of the skinny cow recommendations - I will have to continue down this rabbit hole into frozen treats! So Wednesday started out VERY similar to Tuesday, with a 1/2 mile walk, 2-mile run at 6.3 mph and a 10-minute trek on the stair climber. Differences? My iPod worked better, but the run was harder. That's what I get for back-to-backs!Oh, and I got to wear my new Auburn-branded Nike tempo shorts - LOVE!

After my workout I got ready for work, worked all a.m., and took my lunch to go to some of my happy places Trader Joe's (for a few items i'm out of), the library (for hardbacks Sophie Kinsella's Mini Shopaholic and Jennifer Weiner's Fly Away home; and audio books, including the one i'm now listening to Anita Shreve's Testimony, as I finished the other during my errands!), Aveda (for hang straight, my favorite product, which has been altered/upgraded/renamed.. not sure how I feel about this) and Bare Escentuals (needed some more soft focus eye shadow). Then it was back to work before going home to my family and this new recipe.... (I'll post my book review tomorrow!).

Asian Meatball Pasta with Lime Sauce
Adapted from a Gina's Weight Watcher Recipe
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 451 calories, 46 carbs, 12 fat grams and 37 protein grams.

So the meatballs were awesome! Gina (original recipe) used them as apps and dipped in the sauce, but I liked the idea of using that sauce to coat pasta and making it a main dish rather than app. The sauce had a great flavor - next time I may even add some lime zest to give it even more of a kick, or maybe some red pepper flakes. I LOVE that i've found another Asian-inspired keeper! Check out the recipe here on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Meatballs: yay or nay? I'm a fan! I usually use them in Italian-inspired dishes - fun to have in this Asian-inspired one! They were REALLY good!

Q: Favorite brand for hair products? I'm a big Aveda girl! I love the hang straight and thermal styling cream!

No comments: