Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review, New Recipe, New Tips & How-Tos Section

Good Morning! I hope you're all having good days so far - I'm feeling a little sick (allergies/sinus) but i'm trying to power through it! Backing up... Saturday I finished Karin Alvtegen's Missing. I started this at the beach and quickly got halfway through - then set it down... until I picked it up yesterday and finished it. A quick, good read (only 294 pages). The book is a "Swedish thriller" about a privileged woman who is living as a drifter. She is quickly accused of murder, and throughout the story you follow the murders. Did she do them? If she has money why is she living a homeless lifestyle? The story flashes back to her past, growing up, and what led her to where she is, and the present as you try to figure out if she is the murderer and if not, who is. I really enjoyed the book, lots of twists and the whole time you really believed her story and worried about her safety. I give it a 4.5/5 - well edited and had a good, suspenseful pace.

After reading, I worked on videos and added a new section to the site: Tips & How Tos. It is a place that includes a lot of my posts about things like weight loss & workouts, home organization, cooking & food, etc. I also included stuff like my first 100 days and how I set goals. It was fun to read and resurface some of these posts, and I hope to build on this page as I continue blogging! Guess who kept me company?
Seriously - best companions ever
Love this little fella!

Then I cooked a recipe and got ready for a party at Lo's! We had fun, had a few drinks, met some nice people, played cornhole then called it a night! Sunday we slept in- SO nice! Then we did stuff around the house before heading up to Lake Lanier to Sharon & Terry's for Father's Day. We visited for a few hours, got to wish Tyler a happy birthday in person (he was in NY for his 21st birthday) then headed back to home to work, do laundry, and get ready for the week. Here's a few pics:

Who doesn't love cookie cake?
Happy Birthday, Tyler!

And a new recipe - a new pasta bake we've been munching on!
Mexican Bake with Cilantro-Lime Cream
Makes 6 Servings
Recipe adapted from Diabetic Living
Nutritional Information: 393 calories, 59 carbs, 5 fat grams and 30 protein grams.


Q: What was the highlight of your weekend?

Q: What's an update you recently did to your blog, or that you plan to do?

No comments: