Thursday, June 9, 2011

Book Review, Two-A-Days, Meal Planning

So I think I must have been the last to know about orange chicken! My first time having it was when I made it -I had to look to Austin to ensure it tasted right! haha So I don't know about you but my Wednesday was much better than Tuesday - woo! I got up early, and did 15 minutes of spinning, a 1/4 mile walk, 1 1/4 mile run, and a 1/4 mile walk. HRM said: 34 minutes, 265 calories, 4 fat-burning minutes, 30 fitness minutes, average HR 150, and max HR 180. Then I just headed to work and got tons done, before heading back to the gym during lunch for a 2 1/4 mile walk and this leg and shoulder workout:


Good stuff! Then it was just more work before heading home to do some cooking catch up! Austin got dinner going and we made the following for the remainder of the week and weekend:





Great teamwork - when he helps me I swear it's even easier and the kitchen is cleaned up like that! I really appreciate his help! Now I only have one more breakfast recipe to make - woo!

So before I left for Destin I finished Sophie Kinsella's Mini Shopaholic. I've read the entire series and while she drives me insane sometimes because i'm like just. tell. the truth., I do love Becky Bloomwood, the main character, and her cute relationship with her husband Luke Brandon. Now, I wasn't a fan of the movie; they made it a too silly for me and I think there's more to the book than that - it's almost endearing and quirky. When I read the book I enjoyed picturing the main characters though - I thought Isla Fisher and Hugh Dancy were awesome. Okay, anyway, back to the book. Now Becky is on a new adventure - she is the mother of a toddler, trying to raise her right, while still working and trying to get out of her parents home! (her family is living with her parents while trying to find a house). Lots of fun storylines with her job, her mother, and her baby girl. Yes, a few things were a bit too silly for me, but the main character has so much heart that even when you want to shake her and ask her to be honest, you want her to succeed! I give this one a 4/5 - it kept me interested and happy!

I'm now reading Karin Alvtegen's Missing - it's really good so far! I'll probably finish it this weekend, and then I've got to get back on our book club book - eek!

Q: Do you eat soups in the summer? It doesn't bother me at all! I do have a hard time eating like heavy/beefy chilis, but light veggie/chicken soups don't bother me!'

Q: Are you a fan of the shopaholic series?

Q: Are you yourself a shopaholic?! :) I define a shopaholic as someone who enjoys shopping, not someone who buys things they don't need and/or can't afford (both are Becky's problems - eek!). So yes, per my definition i'm definitely a shopahloic. And that reminds me that I need to take pictures of my outlet finds. Will post tomorrow!

No comments: