Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday Two-a-Days, New Breakfast Recipe

So it's true - hanging out with babies while enjoying a glass of wine is now one of my favorite things to do. hehe Neither of them even got fussy - sweet! haha I miss those little things but am glad I have my little poodles for now! Still crushing on this summer picture. :)

So yesterday was a really great Monday. I know, right? How often is that said? haha I got up early and headed to the gym. I wasn't feeling it, but I walked 1/8 mile and then took off running. I told myself i'd go 1 mile... but it felt great so I ran 2 1/4 miles at 6.3 mph, then walked another 1/8 to take me to 2.5 miles. Nice a.m. workout! HRM said: 27 minutes, 219 calories, 4 fat-burning minutes, 23 fitness minutes, 152 average HR, 174 max HR. Then I just got ready, worked, took my lunch break to walk 1.5 miles and do back and biceps. Awesome to get in some ST and catch up with Stacy! Then I just worked more and headed home to the family. Pretty sweet. I don't know what I was thinking not working out in the a.m. I know. I can't believe it but I just love it so much and it's cutting my commute time (now only my afternoon commute is a biatch). I feel so refreshed and my hair is actually styled now at work as opposed to in a ponytail. haha

What else is up?! Not much - LOVE that. I did want to share a new recipe though...

Spicy Potato and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 308 calories, 27 carbs, 12 fat grams and 22 protein grams.

Loved it! It was really easy, pretty (in my humble opinion) and made very healthy sized servings. Especially for 300 calories - I felt more like it tasted like a 400-calorie meal! It's a keeper, and I think you could really make it your own with more veggies, too! The recipe is over at Healthified Kitchen like always!

one slice - yum!
Q: What have you been eating for breakfast lately?

Q: How was your Monday? I hope it was good - now I hope we have great Tuesdays, too!

No comments: