Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday Two-A-Days, Breakfast Sliders

Yes, you guys MUST try Thai basil! If you can't find it, buy a plant. Seriously - the're like $3 full-grown and it'll last you for several recipes. :) I could see tossing it into just about any Asian-inspired dish and plan to do so! And OMG thank you for the DJ/mash-up master suggestions - i've already been tuning in to youtube - awesome. No such thing as enough running music; it's frightening how quickly I can get 'over' a playlist! So Yesterday was another standard day. Just got up early for the gym: I walked 1/2 mile, ran 1 1/2 mile and did 20 minutes on the stair climber. Great workout! HRM said:43 minutes, 356 calories; 7 fat-burning minutes and 36 fitness minutes; 155 avg HR and 177 max HR.

After the gym, I went to the office, worked, and took my lunch break to walk 3 miles. Then I worked more and headed home to finish packing and do all of my pre-cooking for our upcoming trip to Destin - CAN'T WAIT! Other than that, I finished Sophie Kinsella's Mini Shopaholic - SUCH a cute book, love that series. I'll post a review soon! I also had a yummy treat for breakfast, sliders!

Breakfast Ham sliders
Adapted from Say Cheese
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 412 calories, 35 carbs, 13 fat grams and 37.5 protein grams.

I loved these little guys! The cream cheese and swiss cheese mixed so well together, and the whole sammy had a lot of flavor, a nice salty kick and lots of protein. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen.

Q: Ever had sliders for breakfast? What's your favorite slider topping?

Q: What are you up to this weekend? We're heading to the beach (Destin) to celebrate Mary & Jimmy's 5-year anniversary for 4 nights with 3 couples, should be a blast! And I hope to meet Christina - a beachy blogger meet up!

No comments: