Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Girltalk, Thai Basil Chicken, 5 Miles

I loved reading about all of your Memorial Day celebrations! Some were quieter than others, and all seemed full of relaxation, fun, friends and family - awesome. Yesterday I went back into the office - I felt like i'd been gone forever! Good to see my work buddies and get some work knocked out, and it was kind of dead so that chill vibe is always enjoyable. Thank you for your comments! We (and our pups!) definitely had a blast. So yesterday was fairly uneventful. I got up early and went straight to the gym - time to run! I walked 1/4 mile and ran 2 miles straight at 6.3 mph. HRM said: 23 minutes, 197 calories; 159 avg HR and 178 max HR; 3 fat-burning minutes and 20 fitness minutes. This run is getting easier every time. This time especially, as I listened to the new Girltalk - I mean really, what more can pump you up? I love how all of the songs run together so it's like one long, fabulously motivating song.

After my workout I worked all a.m., then went to the gym during lunch to walk 3.25 miles and do abs. Then I just worked more, headed home, hung out with the pups and ate another new recipe. Yes, I made SO MANY new ones on Monday. :)

Thai Basil Chicken
Recipe adapted from Sweet Tea in Texas
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 348 calories, 38 carbs, 8 fat grams and 30 protein grams.

Yum! So glad to find another go-to Asian-inspired recipe. This one tasted wonderful, and I was so happy to use the Thai basil Austin has been growing in the backyard! The onions and the sauce went a long way, and while it's not a huge serving, it's filling, healthy and definitely curbed my appetite for wanting to order out! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Do you like Girltalk? I'm obsessed. Fun to see him live too, even though it was psychotically packed. LOL

Q: Have you ever cooked with Thai basil? My sister has always been a big fan, and has given me some from her garden before. This was our first year to grow it and I LOVED cooking with it - it smelled SO good and pretty much made this dish.

No comments: