Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mexican Lasagna, Peter Frampton & Harry Potter

Happy Sunday! Mine is going great so far - I've gotten a good night's sleep! Now i'm just chilling with the pups while Austin does some work. And I'm going to play blog catch up! So Thursday I worked from home, used lunch to continue getting the house back together, worked more, and then we headed to the Peter Frampton Comes Alive show at Chastain. We got a table, and this is a venue where you can bring your own food, drinks, coolers, etc. So we brought a cooler of beer, water and wine, and grapes, cheeses and crackers - so nice to have a table and chairs while enjoying the album - loved that he played the whole thing. I LOVE Do You Feel Like We Do, Show Me the Way, Wind of Change and this is my favorite one:

It ALWAYS makes me thing of Reality Bites - one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm sure Peter Frampton would love that. Anyway, so cool to see the band still together, still sounding amazing and doing so well. We enjoyed it and had a great time with our group! They didn't allow flash photography, but Austin did take a couple of pics before we got shut down (however pot smokers were not shut down. Sigh).
Right as the show was starting!
Later in the night - they played, no breaks, from 8 - 10:45 p.m. GREAT show.
Friday was another busy day. I had so much to do and didn't get it done, so I ended up going straight home from work to work! LOL I didn't mind though - I needed to get caught up so bad, so I worked from 6 - 10, then slept. I DID take a break to eat a new recipe, Mexican Lasagna. 

Mexican Lasagna
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen CafĂ©
Makes 6 servings

Nutritional Information: 421 calories, 56 carbs, 6 fat grams and 36 protein grams.

We loved this! The little bits of cream cheese added a lot, and the sour cream added a lot, too. I was so glad to find a Mexican lasagna recipe that used lasagna noodles. This one was great, made a lot of food, hearty servings and had a lot of flavor. See the recipe over at Healthified Kitchen!


Not a bad Friday at all! Saturday was another chill, restful day. But instead of working I cooked - made 3 new recipes and went to see Harry Potter DH2. LOVED. I already want to watch it again! Then we went to the grocery store and I cooked some more!

On the workout front, I haven't worked out since Wednesday. I've been having tummy trouble, and still am, but am going to try to go today - I miss it!

Q: What motivates you to work out on weekends when you're really not up for it?


Q: Ever had Mexican Lasagna? 


Q: Did you see the new Harry Potter? If so, what did you think?!

No comments: