Monday, July 25, 2011

My New Favorite Meatless Breakfast Recipe!

Morning! Hope you all had great weekends! This may have been the most relaxing weekend I've ever had. No where I had to be, nothing I had to do - just chilling at home with my family doing, well, whatever I felt like! Sunday was a total rest day, although I did do Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. Gah she makes me sweat. Other than that, I just cooked more! And I posted a recipe for Mexican Lasagna. Here is another new recipe I made - I had it for breakfast yesterday and made it this morning, too. I like it because you can cook it all at once for 4 people, or just make them one at a time!
Mexican Breakfast Burritos with Avocado 
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: 414 calories, 56 carbs, 15 fat grams and 20 protein grams.

 My favorite kind of recipe - fresh ingredients, good fats, colorful and filling. I really enjoyed this recipe and think it's a pretty awesome start to the day. It made a big, filled burrito, but the calories weren't too high.
All wrapped up!
YUM, I REALLY like this breakfast - definitely my favorite meatless breakfast. It's funny, last year if I'd seen this recipe I would have been like nope. Where's the meat? Why's it so green? Avocado.... I don't know. Now I'm really noticing myself gravitating towards more and more 'rainbow' recipes, and am even looking at meatless ones, too, which before wouldn't have been considered. Loving all of the cooking and the new tastes it's bringing me! A few months ago I posted my food firsts - things I had never done before blogging. The list gets longer all the time!

Q: Any new food firsts for you? I cooked with  sirloin this weekend (first time!). I also made Lo Mein for the first time - not that scary! And lastly, I made a breakfast tostado - first time and it was SO good!

Q: What's your favorite breakfast burrito combo? This seriously wins - I like it better than my standard sausage/egg/cheese or sausage/potato/egg - it's just so fresh and light, but filling!

No comments: