Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Top Asian-Inspired Recipe, Tuesday Two-A-Days

It's official - there is a new 'best' Asian-inspired dish for us! I even added it as first runner-up on our Top 10 Recipe List.  (Szechaun Chicken and Rice still wins for best in this category!) 
Spicy Beef Lo Mein
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light

Nutritional Information: 437 calories, 50 carbs, 11 fat grams and 32 protein grams.

Spicy is right! That word wasn't in the original title but I felt I had to add it -the sriracha went a long way! (easily reduce to take out some heat). This was my first time cooking with sirloin and I have to say, it was very easy and tasted great! The portion was just right and definitely tasted like something I'd order (well, I wouldn't order it because it would probably double the calories at a restaurant). Anyway, great recipe, a favorite for me ad Austin and quick - put it together in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. Click here for the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Aside from eating this new recipe, Tuesday started with an a.m. workout - 2 miles, 1 3/4 running at 6.3, 1/4 walking at 4 mph, then abs. Great workout! Then I just worked in the a.m. before heading back to workout at lunch - 3 1/4-mile walk at 4 mph. Yay for Tuesday Two-a-Days being back! Then I just worked more before heading back home for an evening with the fam - dinner & a movie. We're watching Harry Potter over from start to finish. Yes, we're fans. :)

Q: Are you more of a rice fan or pasta fan? This is very hard for me, but i'd have to say rice. I almost always pick rice when it comes to Chinese food, but I really LOVE Lo Mein and honestly can't believe it can be made with this low of calories and this easily. I'm. so. excited!


Q: It's Hump Day - what are you looking forward to on the downside of this week? I'm looking forward to working out with Austin tomorrow, to book club Friday at my sister's (and of course seeing the girls AND Dane, my nephew!), and to my massage/facial on Saturday a.m. - another relaxing weekend at home!!

1 comment:

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) said...

I can't wait to get to Orlando/Disney World w Penpal! SO stoked!