Tuesday, August 23, 2011

'Slow Down' Progress, New Recipe: Beef & Noodle Toss

Hello! Today was another pretty good day. Let's do a report card on my 'until-things-slow-down to-dos'!
  • Take a lunch break: D... didn't happen - did take about 30 minutes to do personal stuff so that's something! But still - at desk all day is not. good. So i'll take a lunch/go somewhere tomorrow for sure! (probably the gym since I have a dentist appt. at 7 a.m.
  • Continue morning workouts: A... I took a 1-hour spin class and did abs!
  • Establish adult bed time: A... went to bed in plenty of time last night/wound down/etc.!
  • No two-a-days. C - I didn't do two-a-days, but I worked through lunch so that's not good!
  • No new recipes; pre-cook Sundays: C... didn't do as much pre-cooking as needed but i'm not making new recipes. 
What is this average? Let's say B-. NOT bad - getting better, and it's a focus - so win! 

And even though I'm not making new recipes, doesn't mean I don't have a ton that I've healthified, tried, taken pics of and just haven't gotten around to posting! Here's one... :)
Beef  & Noodle Toss
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens

Nutritional Information: 430 calories, 46 carbs, 12 fat grams and 37 protein grams.

The steak was great, the fresh tomatoes were yummy and the sauce blended well. Great, easy recipe with common ingredients so easy to throw together at the last minute! I did note a change I would make for next time - check it and the recipe out at Healthified Kitchen!

Focus for tomorrow:
Found at Tracey's Thoughts via Pinterest
Q: How was your Tuesday? What was something GOOD in your day?


Q: For those of you who eat beef, what is your favorite cut? I'm loving cooking with top sirloin! I also cook with flank and have heard skirt (from the plank section) is good to cook with. Any advice would be great!! 

No comments: