Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book Review, Oven Dogs

I just realized I had not posted this recipe to my new, favorite, EASY kid-like food: Oven Dogs!
Oven Chili Dogs
Makes 4 Servings (8 hotdogs total)
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen and Blog Chef

Nutritional Information: 446 calories, 53 carbs, 16 fat grams and 22 protein grams.

LOVED. I crave food like this, but don't give in. Now I can! If only I can figure out a way to get these into football games.... that's when I really crave them. LOL But really, great taste, not soggy at all, I loved how it cooked the hot dog in the bun - very tasty.
1 serving - 2 dogs!
The recipe is over at Healthfied Kitchen! I'm sorry it took so long to link over - oops!

So during my trip to N.C., in addition to visiting a lot, chilling a lot, sleeping in and eating a lot, I read a book! I hadn't read a book since September 2011's audio book! Seriously, it was so nice to relax and read. I I really enjoyed Susan Rebecca White’s A Soft Place to Land. It was about two sisters whose parents were killed in a plane crash. How did they deal with it? Place blame? Suffer together and move on together, and apart. It focused on Atlanta and San Francisco, so fun to read about those, and it also spanned many years so it was great to see how they ended up, how the tragedy impacted them and how it brought them together and pulled them apart. I read the book in two sittings – flew through it really. I couldn’t put it down, I cared about the sisters and I wanted them to be okay! It made me think a lot about families and how changes change you, and about me and my sister, growing up together, playing games together, going from being close to distant and back again. I give this book a 4/5 – it would have been a 5 if there had been a bit more surprises. The author told us a lot of the surprises up front; I would have preferred to discover them on my own. Also, at the end, a big surprise was revealed, but then it wasn’t fully explored which was disappointing. So all in all a great book – I laughed, I cried, and I felt like I knew the characters and cared about them!

Last night I didn't get in until about 11, so it was just a quick unpack and SLEEP. Today i'm just catching up on work, blogging, laundry, etc. - not a bad day!

Q: I'm going to cook today - any recipes I should make?! I can't WAIT to get in the kitchen - let me know what you recommend!


Q: Hotdogs - yay or nay? I love them - my favorite are Hebrew National fat-free, but I also like ballpark light for a little more calories/fill!

No comments: