Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Weekend Photos + New Slowcooker Recipe!

Oh Christmas weekend! How much we prepare and then how quickly you go. Saturday, Christmas Eve, Austin's parents came over around noon for lunch & gifts!
Time to open presents!
Who doesn't love themed monopoly?
Michelle even got presents for Remy & Reuben!
And she got me an awesome chafing dish! Can't wait to use it - so fancy!
The boys! I told them they were dressed like Alvin, Simon and Theordore
His family stayed until 3 or so, then me and Austin cleaned up, turned the dishes, prepared for my family the next day and left at 5:30 to meet them at church for a 6 p.m. service. We went to church, then had dinner at Norman's Landing - awesome salmon. Then it was home sweet home.
Actually we had a beer - we each pulled a random  import- I got this one. It was good and the colors were festive. Then it was time for bed - had to be up early!
Saturday, Christmas Day, we got up early and headed up to Lake Lanier to Austin's aunt & uncle's house. The whole family was there. This is a random picture and apparently the face I make when i'm asked to give 'angry face.'
Hanging out with E, Ty, Austin & Kev
After a yummy breakfast and a few hours of visiting, it was time to get back home to prepare for my family's 2 p.m. arrival. Remy was exhausted - she curled up in a curtain for a few hours. I TOTALLY felt where she was coming from!
We had a yummy dinner, then opened presents! I'm wearing a new coat my mom got me, and holding an awesome pic & frame Devon & Zach got us!
Dane bug loved the boxes toys came in!
Such a cute family - Dane talked for like an hour - hilarious! Loved this pic as Zach and his mini me are both chatting away!
Love the Christmas colors! Dane's nighttime bottle!
Devon & Zach also got me this awesome electronic frother! I made yummy coffee/chocolate drinks - as you can see i'm not consistent with the frother yet, but i'll get there!
Unfortunately I have NO pics of my mom - sad! Zach took most of the pics during gift opening and she had to leave before our late night coffee chocolates so we missed her - hopefully i'll get some from him soon! I also need to get pics from him from Monday, December 26, AKA my mom's birthday! We had a great family dinner at Dante's Down the Hatch!

And before heading out, I want to share a new slowcooker dish! It may not look the prettiest but it was GOOD and reheated well which makes me happy. :)
Slowcooker Mexican Beefy Mac
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 457 calories, 60 carabs, 7 fat grams and 32 protein grams.

This was super easy, yummy and spicy! I liked being able to just add raw meat and a few cans/packets to a slowcooker and then having a yummy meal. I liked this dish too because I LOVE slowcooker dishes and that cook the pasta for me - gives the noodles a lot of great flavor. This one is an easy one and will definitely be repeated. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: What was your favorite gift that you gave or received? I loved all of the photo gifts this year - getting and giving printed/framed photos from fun family events was great - something you always want and mean to do yourself but it doesn't always happen - so it's a perfect gift to get or give!


Q: Where do you stand on meat in the slowcooker? Some prefer to cook it before it goes in; I prefer to put it in raw and let the slow cooker cook it!

No comments: