1. Absence of Trust (invulnerability) - moving towards teams where people admit mistakes, ask for help, seek input, give others the benefit of the doubt and look forward to collaborating.
2. Fear of Conflict (artificial harmony) - moving towards solving problems and discussing critical problems - lively meetings with interesting conversations and shared perspectives.
3. Lack of Commitment (ambiguity) - moving towards a team with common objectives and clarity around priorities
4. Avoidance of Accountability (low standards) - holding people accountable; asking tough questions; ensuring that poor performers want to improve
5. Inattention to Results (status and ego) - moving towards a focus on collective results, rather than individual wins.
And a little image if you prefer it - can see how they build on each other:
Q: Do you have a favorite teambuilding, management or workplace book?!
Q: What's the best book you've read so far this year? This is only the second book i've read - eek! I haven't even reviewed the other - i'm so behind!